Wednesday, November 16, 2005

That Manny

SMS. 6.38. Morning, I’m a little groggy this morn – Christian

SMS. 6.39. Oh miss, I won’t ask why. A brisk walk will fix that. I’m as fresh as a daisy – Tom



Mark and Luke,

Morning. hello. 11.11 Lovely day. Big smile.

Christian


Mark called me in tears about the boy they befriended in Vietnam. He’s very sad now with Mark and Luke gone. Mark feels such things so strongly.

SMS. 13.11. How about next Thu instead? – Kym

SMS. 14.03. Yes that would be marvellous – Christian

SMS. 15.09. Splendid, it’s a date then. Now, do I need 2 send u a wakeup call? – Kym

SMS. 15.12. Maybe – Christian

On the way home, just at Gertrude and X Streets, I got a teary phone call from Manny, “I’ve done something terrible!” He’d gambled away his pension, in its entirety, on the pokies. Could I lend him money?

Mum was cool at dinner. She’d transferred all the money that she’d transferred mistakenly the week before. Gill is closing mum’s bankbook and getting her to use a keycard. Nearly everything had been transferred over to her cheque account. But, Mum didn’t know how much money she had,

"I can't see it any more, as I don't have a book."

So, she transferred some, she transferred the lot back to her bank book, so she could see it.

“She did what?” said Gill through gritted teeth when I told her. Mum and I laughed at the fun.

Manny was horny and wanted me to go over there afterwards and Jill wanted me to go home for coffee. I slipped home quietly to bed, instead.

I couldn’t sleep thinking about the stuff ups at work. I got over it by plotting against them, writing the memo Beck and I are going to send to Evita tomorrow, in my head.

Late, I went over to Manny’s and fulfilled his wishes... my wishes… twice. He was half asleep, when I got there, answering his door in only his jocks. Grrrr! Slobber! He didn’t get to say much, as I pushed him backwards to his bed.

At 1am I started to send Beck a text. I got to Sydney… of fucking Sydney HR… at which point I shook my head and thought I was being stupid, or dramatic, or obsessed.  


No comments: