Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Writing, Writing

I drove into work at 9am and printed out Hansel & Grethel
Aby and Rob came over. Wouldn’t you know, when I turned my computer on to show Rob, it worked perfectly. Ain’t it always the way.
I think there is a new syndrome, yet to be identified as such, separation anxiety amongst computer users when their computers doesn’t work.
Aby says she can’t handle Tom’s anger and aggression any longer. She says she just can’t go and see him at the moment.
Tom’s pissed off, that’s for sure.


My 'puter is back up and working. Damn, naughty thing.
You see Rob, when you turn it on nothing... oh... what... you can't be serious! You see how bad it is?
Looks fine to me, said Rob.
Just went on a little holiday for a couple of days. Good for it.
So I'm back on the air.
I planned to write all weekend on Hansel & Grethel, but no. I so wanted to focus and push it out to 90 pages, even if a lot of it was in note form. I was on such a roll, focused and writing, when the lights went ally-oop - No, it's okay, where back on - momentarily.
So it's 23 pages and I've kind of lost the momentum. Blah!
This is the second script, script A. I wrote script B just to warm up and get into the idea. It's twenty pages and goes with the fairytale idea. But, I can cannibalise it when I've run out of steam on the real script. And Aby is writing a script too. Then we graft them together. Easy Peasy.
I had coffee with Rachel and Freya and Oliver and Billie. Billie is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I could want one. A blue Staffy five months old. We went to the Fitzroy Gardens Café, to spare the children G. Street coffee table antics.
It's hot! You can tell summer is just a sniff away, the damn flies are out in force.
Makybe Diva won the Melbourne Cup for the third time in a row. That's a record. That's history. That's better than Phar Lap, apparently. Some bloke put 1 million dollars on her.
Christian


Pity the bloke wasn't you chriso... you could send us more money and we could buy you more gorgeous things... this place is just a shopping Mecca – just bought the pants, 4 pairs of the most gorgeous shoos... all for $18... and the cutest jacket for $15 and pants and and and... oh my god I'm in a frenzy… I don't usually go nuts shopping but I am such a tight arse and I just can't resist these prices... specially for my Kai pants and my beck... it's so much fun shopping here cos all the little streets sell the same stuff... I think I told you... Shoe street... kids clothes street... sunglasser street and so forth and fifth... were off to dinner tonight with Georgie and Steve...we met Georgie in Sapa and we just fell in love with her... she's an english teacher from Sth Africa and just a beautiful soul... I want her to meet Jen, I think they will get on really well...I think Jen is going to be really sad when we leave… she's getting really frustrated at the college she's working at... they have a new CEO from Perth... he's an accountant... say no more... She's getting very homesick... it's great fun here for a holiday but I wouldn't want to work here… it would be really frustrating there is so much corruption on so many levels... to get anything done is just a minefield and the appreciation level is just about zilch... It was really funny last night to be sitting at dinner... just the 3 of us... chatting about the family and all its trials and tribulations...did you know that Jacqui is pregnant to her new racist bogan boyfriend... poor sandy she must just feel completely crushed... anywho... we finally got up to leave and we both realized when we were standing out the front of the restaurant... waiting for a cyclo to speed us to our little beds that we were in HANOI, being a family...we had a bug hug and a bit of a cry when we realised that we were soon to be parted again... I feel so close to her... she's just an older version of Christine... Lukie freaks out every time we see her, at how much they are alike... there is something very bonding being with a family member on the other side of the world... it's NOICE
and It was so nice to hear your voice today... I really miss having you around...
Looking forward to getting home now… sort of wish we were leaving on Saturday, instead of Monday oh well I suppose we'll fill in the time somehow... tomorrow we are going to the perfume pagoda... It's up in the mountains and is opposed to be beautiful, but a bit of a climb, better make sure I take my blood pressure tabby tomorrow...don't want to kark it over ear... oh nooo... ate dog meat today doesn't taste too bad...but fuck me it smells like wet dirty dog... blauch... not noice…
Ok Chri best be orf to the shower and get ready for another night of dinning on fabby food (no pooch though)... Love you... and hugs...
lots.....Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & him...
Mark (and Luke)


Just remember, no manmade fibres, especially for Jay.
Tell Jen to get out, it's downhill from here baby!
Yes... um... I had heard the Jacqui news. (Must have been from Jane)
Dog flesh?
I think I could have a staffy. Nah, who am I kidding, too small. Maybe.
nite
salt mines tomorrow.
This writing caper would kill me, though, forty cigarettes today. Actually, thirty six, but who's counting.
Got to stop it, it's nasty!
Christian


Chris Chhhhhrrrrr II SS OO!
Mark

No comments: