Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Things Done, If I Am Going Back To Work

I got up with Sam and headed into the city with him. I’d got my licence renewal and I thought the expiry date was the 13th and even though I knew today was the 14th, I figured I at least had until today before it expired. Buddy’s eyes were full of gunk, and I just had to clean them before we left, until I checked and it had expired on the 09th, it became more pressing. Sam leaves early, I’d get him to wake me up so I could get it done first thing.

I didn’t realise that Sam had prepared muesli for me until the last minute, so I had to eat that. All of which made Sam late. He likes to get to work at 8.30am. He had his “sideways look” on, as we walked side by side.

“Of course, you had to roll a joint,” said Sam.

What could I say?

“How late are you going to be?”

He’d still get there by 9am.

I raised my eyebrows.

Then I peeled off at the Exhibition Gardens anyway, as I decided I might as well just walk there, since Mark had my Myki Card and Sam has mentioned my fat stomach a couple of times.

I made “big gay hands” at him all the way, as he walked through the gardens and I passed by the south side of the Exhibition Buildings. he headed to the La Trobe Street, I headed to Lygon Street.

I walked up Lygon Street, nothing much was open, but lots of business’ were taking the first tentative steps towards opening, the city was waking up.

Then a hot Italian boy walked passed me in denim shorts, that fitted his arse big time, muscular hairy legs sat below them, and that woke me up.

It took no time at all at the Licencing Office, cnr Princess Street and Lygon, that’s why I went early. No sooner had I sat down, literally, that my number was called and the whole operation took ten minutes.

Mark, Luke and the grandkid headed off to the museum.

It was quite a cool day, not summer at all, not that I mind that. I like the cool weather, I’m not embarrassed to say it. Sunny sky with the back door open through which blows a cool breeze.

Did I want to go to the museum which would be filled with adults and children, I thought as I watched the graceful hop of a robin in the back yard.

Jack called, I let it go to voicemail. I knew he was going to call again, he called last week with a tentative offer. Really, so soon in the year, I wanted the rest of January off. I’d be happy to start in February. He text me a bit later, the company wants to interview me. Oh yuk. Tuesday or Wednesday. Yay. At least I don’t have to answer until tomorrow, that way we can make it Wednesday. I reckon I’ve 24 hours.

I pissed around on the internet for the afternoon.

And suddenly, Sam was home. “Really, where did the day go?”

We took the dog for a walk, at Sam’s insistence.

We did our usual lost wander in Smith Street when we headed out to dinner. We were heading to MaMaNee, but then wavered over YimYams, MaMaNee, YimYams, MaMaNee… ? We decided on MaMaNee, but when we got there it was closed. Mark and Luke then decided on Japanese, Shobu. It was nice, I’d never been there before.

Luke and I both agreed, as we walked back from dinner along Smith Street, as we told Mark that we think that Shane is doing the big daddy top thing with Tulli.

Mark scoffed. “Give me a break! Really?”

David scoffed, some time back, when Shane told him the same thing. “Oh, you are not.” But, I’m sure, David’s reaction was due to the short comings in the size of Shane’s cock. (they did go out together momentarily, of course)

You just wouldn’t feel it.

Mark and Luke’s flight was cancelled by Jetstar, they were to fly tomorrow. Now it is Wednesday at 3pm. They had connecting flights and hotel rooms they had booked, all have to be cancelled. They are pleased.

We watched TV.

Another day of Mark and Luke’s visit, yay.


No comments: