Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Home from the New Years Eve party

Well... I've been swimming. We glided down the hill to the river, everything was on slow. Velvet green, bright blue, sparkling sunlight, walking staffs, sun hats, towels. The thrump of the bass sounding like an echo in the base of my neck. Thick head. Birds calling in the distance. A gentle breeze.

The water was the perfect, skin temperature, as it lapped around the tops of my legs, like circles of extra skin; lapping at my balls, that is always the moment when I know it is time to dive in. The water was like velvet on my skin, as slid in. I lifted my legs up behind me and floated like a sea horse, with crocodile eyes.

We sat on banana lounges, with a shade umbrella and straw hats and listened to the breeze in the trees. We slept a bit... towels over our faces.

I've eaten runny yolk, poached eggs on toast. I had an amazing shower. I've slept for two hours. I've kissed my boyfriend. But some how I'm still not tired, despite liberal applications of the antidote. Hands in the air. The party was good, lots of boys, as you would expect, wearing very little, some of them... big eyes, as you would expect. There were lots of people having a good time, it was a happy party, the fruits were tropical, the weather perfect. Although, it was a little chilly at 5am. There was a drag queen with enormous fake tits, she managed to keep them in place all night, good for her I thought on the way out. The music was fine, it all went so fast. We danced a lot. Of course, I took up smoking again New Years Eve, weak as piss. I'll stop again on the 5th back in Melbourne. If I haven't before, if I already haven't. That was last night and this is a new year.

I'm sitting on the deck, it is 29 degrees, it is sunny and warm, with a gentle breeze. Everyone is now sleeping. The breeze blows, the sun touches my back like warm honey. Just the rustle of the leaves, the occasional drop of something to the ground, thud, a bug chirping.

The cicadas are just starting to call.

My head is thick, my neck is sore, it crunches when I close my eyes and turn it. The sun turns the insides of my eyelids bright orange. The air is amazingly fresh, as it blows against my face.

No comments: