Thursday, January 10, 2013

Getting Up And Doing Things

I felt a little better today... kind of. Besides, I had to take my car to the mechanic by 9am'ish, they don't open till 9am. The car's been missing on a cold start, chug, chug, chug, running on 3 cylinders for the first 15 to 30 seconds. I think I got there by 9.15, not bad since I had to drag myself out of my sick bed. Cough, cough.


It was a lovely sunny day, gorgeous. It was a lovely day to saunter up La Trobe Street. I always like the city as it is just getting going in the mornings.

I met Sam at 9.30 for breakfast, which we had at the Queen Vic Market. It is a good job Sam has, as he'd only been at work for an hour. We had Middle Eastern, yum. It is nice around the Vic Market, almost European, kind of. I could live around there, if ever I decided to live in the cbd. I wonder what it is like on “market days?”
I sneaked back – actually, I’m not sure why I sneaked back, but I did – and ate muesli and yogurt and drank more coffee and luxuriated in the open windows of a cafĂ© on Queen Street and read the newspaper leisurely for an hour, or so. Lovely. It was a lovely day.
I walked home in the sunshine, still coughing, through the park. Ah, fresh air and sunshine and the blue sky, makes you feel alive, even if you are not feeling 100%.

No comments: