Friday, January 04, 2013

Heading home

We headed off to Byron Bay for lunch and the beach, before we headed to the airport to head home. Yes, home, it has all gone so quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing the Buddy, I wonder how he has coped up on the sheep farm with the Kelpies? 
The weather report tells me, it is 40 degrees in Melbourne, still 35, or so, when we land at 11pm, that I'm not looking forward to. Ug!

It is beautiful up here in the hinterland, 26 degrees every day, as Mark likes to tell me. Could I live up here, far away from the rat race of the increasingly congested inner suburbs of Melbourne? I think I could. Dean was even having a cursory look at the houses for sale while he was here and one, or two, of them looked enticing, I must say. One had views and a river frontage and it seemed quite cheap. The house was probably crap, but houses can always be changed and improved, besides, I've always liked well used, fixer-uper's, really, despite living in an Edwardian terrace. I gravitate towards the mismatched eclectic, I kind of like that lived in'ness.

The sun sparkled and the sky shone blue in Byron. The traffic was crap, as it is in the peak season, but you know, not impossible. Besides, the slow crawl through the main street gave us a chance to perve on the hot boys walking along the foot path, Byron is full of them.

We ate at the sushi train and swam at Kings for the afternoon. There is nothing like jumping through the waves on an ocean beach. I worked out that smoking a joint perched on a high rock is very bad for my fear of heights... or is being stoned the closest thing to paranoia, I'm not sure? But once it hit me, the view was no longer magical and all I could think was that I wanted to get down.

Then the sun set and it was time to start thinking about heading to the airport.

No comments: