Saturday, January 05, 2013

We Went And Got Buddy

We got home at 11pm last night and almost immediately got into the car and drove an hour into the country to my sister's farm to pick Buddy up. Well, I wouldn't leave any other loved one alone on his own, so why would I leave him? My sister and her family had left for Europe that morning to go skiing and he would have been okay until the morning, on his own, with my sister's two dogs... but it had been 40 degrees today and bulldogs can overheat easily in the heat. Besides, I wanted to see him.

We got home at 3am.

He stank like a farm dog, he didn't smell sweet like an inner suburban pooch should, so a shower is the first thing on the agenda today. Good thing he is more than happy to slide his stumpy little body under the water.

No comments: