Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's Gonna Be Hot Today

Buddy slept in my room all night, as I fell asleep watching TV last night. I woke in the wee small hours and removed my lap-top from the bed before I rolled over onto it. Buddy's claws scratched on the wooden floor boards in the near dark, as he got up too. I had a piss and came back to bed pulling the doona over me for the first time, letting the cool breeze from my open French Doors waft over me. I love the night breeze.

I woke again at 6.45, with Mr. Snuffleupagus struggling up onto the bed and sneezing in my face. Oh, lovely and good morning to you. One of the delights of bulldog ownership. He’s funny, as he is more than capable of springing up onto the bed in one leap, but most of the time he struggles to climb up like an old man.

I walked around to the shop and bought cigarettes, Sam would be pleased. I’m supposed to be quitting now that Mark and Luke have left. It was a lovely, crisp, fresh morning. There is a feeling that that time of day has that that no other part of the day can match. I think it is unqualified expectations, infinite possibilities, when anything may eventuate. It is alive and new.

I bought orange juice and brewed coffee and prepared muesli when I got back. I watered the garden as I smoked a cigarette and waited for the coffee to brew.

I put Buddy out at 8am. Only 8am, you know, there is something to this getting up early caper.

I chatted to Sam at 10ish. I wasn’t exactly watching the clock. I usually message him as soon as I get out of bed, but not today. It throws you when you get up 2 hours earlier, I tell you.

I came down and made more coffee, washed Buddy’s eyes, fed him and returned to the bedroom with coffee and the dog.

Sam asked me if it was hot in my room, and I had to admit that is was, so I came back downstairs at, nearly, 11.11, it was 11.13 by the time I noticed, so, it was probably 11.11, when I came back downstairs.
It was hot outside already.

At some stage, I heard the front door open and close. My first day of having Shane and Tulli home with me. Yay! I wonder how awful it will be? Later, when I went to let the cat out, Shane’s bedroom door was open, the room was vacated and the lights were on… of course… for someone who espouses Green values, too. I never quite understand that, is it myopia?

I got myself a huge bowl of grapes (lunch) and set myself up on the lounge room coffee table and proceeded to piss the morning away. Easy. Fluid.

I wondered if I should take the whole “job thing” more seriously? It is my constant (silent) lament. I guess, one day, I will have to get another full time job, won’t I? That would be the rational thinking, wouldn’t it? Er! Work. Boredom. The horrible people who inhabit offices. I guess I will have to do something, but now my writing has gone off, I don’t know what?

13.30, the first time Buddy went outside, after Sam warning me to keep the water topped up inside, he had the biggest drink of water. I love watching his big, pink tongue lap at the water. He’s got a huge tongue, the reason Sam calls him “Pink Tongue.” He’d make a good lesbian.
Then he tried to eat bees.
“No!” I squealed as I launched myself across the garden to stop him.
He just looked at me, in his laid back way and then another bee caught his attention and he snapped at that one too.

The last very hot day we had, the bees were all congregating around the dog’s water also. That day they ended up a big drown clump of bee carcasses. What is it with the bees and hot weather? I tried to hose them out of Buddy’s water, but that didn’t work, so I lifted them gently out with a trowel.

I turn on the pedestal fan as the lounge room felt like it was heating up.

And the day slips away.

No comments: