Wednesday, January 02, 2013

What Day Is It?


I've been up all night, not bad for the quiet night in, hey?  Mark and Luke were heading to recoveries, but they gave us something excess to their needs, something to chew, shall we say. We watched a marathon of Modern Family. Cam's shirts were really colourful.

It was a lovely night with all of the doors and windows thrown open, us in singlets and shorts.

Thee party boys got home around 2am. It was the best party, Kate Munro was inspired. Fabulous! Fabulous! Blah, blah, blah.

Our buddy Dean came back with Mark and Luke, he was well enhanced. He talked, without taking a breath, for 4 hours. Non stop. no break to change subjects. He was so funny. Mind boggling. Some time, just after they got back, Dean started asking Sam and I what we'd been doing? Then he was emptying his pockets and tipping the contents of the small plastic bags down Sam's and my throats.

And here I am. The walking mouth had headed off to parts unknown. Mark and Luke have passed out. And Sam has hit the hey... er... hay. My head is spinning. It is day light outside.

I love that gentle hum. Sam is out to it under the mosquito net. I've just shut the windows and doors, the candle light burns gold on the walls. Just me and the gentle morning sun and the silence. The lovely silence and my spotty vision. I feel like writing, but I should go and cuddle my boy friend instead, like a good boyfriend should.

No comments: