Saturday, September 21, 2024

Lazy Saturday

I only remember the end of my dream, the part where I woke up. ex-bitch-girfriend Leah Borg locked herself in my place, getting in the shower and ignoring me and not letting me in. (I am unsure why she keeps turning up in my dreams?) As I was standing on the very steep steps to my door, which just bought me up to the bottom of my front door, I knocked on the door with my phone, which popped open at the top and I could see that she had taken the sim card out of my phone.

5am. I got up and had a wee, that developed into an early morning shit the way it does only when I am taking Ozempic.

I got back into bed, but the lovely thoughts wouldn’t come, only the negative thoughts and I didn’t fall back to sleep. It isn’t nice to feel like a failure.

5.25am. I got up.

I made coffee.

Ollie and I sat on the couch together. Ollie is warm against my left leg.

A monster: lawyers for Mohamed Al Fayed’s alleged victims liken case to Savile. Barristers acting for 37 women announce intention to bring civil case against Harrods over late owner’s alleged abuse.

Rapper Shyne says former mentor Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs ‘destroyed’ his life. Belize’s House opposition leader Moses Barrow ‘takes no joy in anyone’s challenges’ after recent charges.

Axing negative gearing won’t cause a rental crisis. Here’s the maths. When an investor outbids an owner-occupier, they do add to the supply of rental houses – but that’s only half the story.

I watch a lot of anti Trump YouTube until I was sick of hearing about him. He really is like passing a car wreck, you can’t help but look.

I watch Mr cutie pants Rocky Dale Davis standup.

7.35am. Sick of YouTube, I start reading A Thousand Miles From Care.

Milo jumps back up on the couch and cuddles up in my blanket, nestling on the blanket between my legs.

8am. Bruno was up. Milo jumps down off the couch and runs off. He hears the bulldogs before I do, but I guess he needs to the way the two of them bully him.

8.15am. Sam and Otto were up.

8.30am. I make vegemite toast and coffee.

I continue reading A Thousand Miles From Care.

9.45am. I make more coffee.

Sam heads into the study with Otto.

There was a lot of lying on the couch and looking at my laptop first up. News online. YouTube. You know the goings on.

Man arrested in Italy nearly 50 years after two Melbourne women found dead in their home. Victoria police seeking an extradition order for the 65-year-old over the 1977 deaths known as the Easey Street murders.

The great unsolved murder could finally be solved, wow.

I read for most of the day A Thousand Miles from Care, curled up on the couch with my kindle, and Bruno and Otto too.

We ate noodles for lunch.

2:19pm. We take the dogs for a walk. The day is kind of warm. The sky is overcast and grey. We stand on the corner of our street. The wind blows around us.

“What are we doing?”

“Fitzroy Gardens?”

“Nyr.”

“Carlton Gardens?”

“Yes.”

We walked to the Carlton Gardens, once around the park. It was nice, the day cheered up for us as we took our walk.

There was some great huge wedding happening in the middle of the park, with food that didn’t look nearly adequate enough for the number of people present. 

Then it was home down Moor Street > St David Street > [our] Street.

3:18pm. We’re home again.


I read A Thousand Miles from Care until I was sleepy and I slept on the couch, again. I have done a lot of sleeping on the couch just lately. I guess, it is kind of nice really, and I shouldn’t question it. What the hell?

I woke at some point during the 6pm news, but fell asleep again.

I woke at 7.30pm and we ate pizza from Ladro. Capricciosa and a mushroom lovers.


We watched On the Eve Of destruction. Pia Miranda and Zachary Ruane. Humphrey B. Bear and Pia’s grandmothers church book and a collection of Empire magazines and the art work from the first play Zack directed.

We watched Have You Been Paying Attention, Robert Irwin hosting. Against type, I think Robert Irwin is a cutie. Yes, I’d like to see him in his undies.

I watched Vice Grip Garage and his De Tomaso Pantera

10.30pm. Sam and Bruno went to bed.

I kept watching Vice Grip Garage and his De Tomaso Pantera, but I kept falling asleep.

12.40am. I’d just woken up again when Sam called to say Bruno was on his way downstairs. Bruno arrived downstairs moments later. He had a wee, Otto had a wee & a poo and they both went to bed.

1am. I finished watching Vice Grip Garage and his De Tomaso Pantera. Truthfully, I had fallen asleep on the couch yet again and I had to back track to see the end of the video.

1.15am. I went to bed.

I forgot to spray my nose, I think just as I am comfortable. Damn it.


No comments: