Thursday, September 05, 2024

Training

David calls, early, we have a laugh. I tell him that I am off to my gym session and how my girl trainer got just the slightest bit cat’s bum lips last session when told her I forgot my training watch for the second time last week. They run everything through apps and the watch provides the data for the apps. "I guess that is what they know," I said.

David said, "Oh, forget it again and tell me the look she gives you." 

I send him a photo of it on my wrist with a thumbs up. 

David answers "Noooooooooo!"

I tell him how my girl trainer keeps asking me to set goals? 

"Goals," I say to David. "How about not having another heart attack? That’s the only goal I have." I say. 

David laughs.

"Anything beyond that? No. I’m too fucking old. Fuck off. Goals, dreams, aspirations, wants, whatever? No, I don’t have any of those any more. That shit is for twenty year olds. Seriously!"

We both laugh.

I get on my bike after that and head to the gym. I send David a photo half way to the gym as some form of encouragement to get him to take his dogs to the beach in Ballina, like he said earlier that he should do. But it doesn't work.


No comments: