Monday, September 23, 2024

Monday

I message Adriana for her birthday. It is a big one. But, she is in Bali partying and she doesn't care what milestone she is passing.

Partying in Bali, that's Adriana for you.

I wish we were all parting again. Dancing on podiums in Sydney. Dancing under the mirror ball at warehouse parties in Melbourne.

I wish Fergus and Steve and Tom and Anthony were still alive and we were all partying together.

I just heard about another friend, the incredible Victoria Brown, in St Vincents in palliative care with terminal cancer. I'd go visit her, I am just up the road, but she doesn't want to see anyone, going away like an elephant to die, I guess. I can understand. There will never be another like her, they broke the mould with Victoria Brown.

So, that is very sad.

I make coffee and contemplate the meaning of life.

I think coffee is as good a meaning as anything.

Life is coffee. I like it.


No comments: