Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mending Fences

Up at 8am. Still cross about the fact that my dental appointment is only a consultation and not the actual procedure. Grr!


Subject: Thursday


Jill

Morning miss. How are you?

Christian


Subject: Karma is gonna get ya…me?


Hey Ab

Sorry about yesterday, I was in the foulest mood... actually, let’s go with the truth... I was coming down like a putrid bitch and was shitty with everyone and everything. I slammed doors and phones before I took myself off to my mother’s. I turned into Skanky eye shadow – blue – and just couldn’t face anyone. I was railing against the world inside in a furious display of, well, I’m not sure what now. Poison? The world was an awful place yesterday! Even Tom copped it when he tried to call me about an sms he couldn’t read.

“You know I can’t read sms’, it is frustrating when people send them...”

“Yeah, yeah, tell it to the judge, babe.” PUSH END!

Poor Josh, I have no idea what he thought. I got drugs for him for his stay upon his request, and then, basically, scoffed the lot myself, nearly. Not quite. As a result, I turned into a monster – it surprised me with its intensity – and had to take myself in-hand and out of sight.

Say no to drugs, Nancy!

Christian


This email was strategic, a little touch of Christian’s brilliant fence-mending. I think Josh may have given Ab the impression yesterday that I didn’t want to see her, that it was her that I didn’t want brought around here. I also think that he may have given Ab the impression that it was because of the phone bill – the irony of which is that it was Josh who was most pissed off about not being able to call long distance and mobiles. I couldn’t care less, in fact would – not really, only if pressed to give something positive about the situation – prefer it – less calls for me to pay for when Josh has gone. (besides, I have changed it over to Telstra anyway) And Tim wasn’t even aware that we couldn’t make such calls until a few days ago, as neither of us use it. But Josh does!

But, coincidently, I have a summary list of expenses Ab still owes email ready to send to her. Now, if I that was the next things Ab heard from me, it would have confirmed everything that Josh may have let her to believe – which really aren’t true anyway.

“So is the need for this consultation in direct response to you needing a new Mercedes?” was going to be my opening line to the dentist. But she disarmed me with her charm and general niceness, so I said nothing.

My first appointment is Sept 15th when I will be gouged and poked and scraped to the max. There is even going to be stitches, apparently.


SMS.11.16. (Ab) Next door neighbour has heard a rumour that B/Arms is to become apartments – Christian


Subject: Karma is gonna get ya…me?


beautiful boy!

i think there a lesson in this for all of us. drugs are gay you should fuck em off and find another outlet like a minion of hot Italian boys doing your behest.

can i say it any LOUDER lets plan a trip, fer real this time. this city can trap even the best of us, new perspective needed doll. im not taking your complacency anymore. i know you want more, i know you have still so much to contribute to this world, your just bored and dare i say a tad depressed at how life has panned out? a lot of us feel the same but i remind you of this a simple poem...

Ab


Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story.


Avoid loud and aggressive persons,

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.


Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.


Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.


Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself.


You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.


Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be,

and whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.


With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.


beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend, i love you very much and hope to connect with you deeper someday, and a most excellent world adventure would be a neat place to start don’t you agree?

x x x x x

Aby


Subject: Hello


I was shopping at Target that's why I didn't get your phone call, there is no service in the damned place... have no idea why... perhaps it’s because its under all that concrete that one hopes has been mixed, poured & cured correctly for fear it all may come crashin down upon my head... all for the sake of a $13 pair of pants for work I hate multi story buildings...just how do they stand up???

Go to bluroyalstaffordshire.com.au and check out the puppies...not to mention the stud "Stanley' too cute. Yes we are off to view all 12 pups that are for sale to make our choice. I think I want a girl but if I see a boofy headed boy I may just come home with a boy. You should come and buy one too and they can have puppies!!! How cute!

I keep thinking 2 would be nice...they can keep each other company but I don't think I will convince Andre do you? I was in Kew this morning for a meeting at Carey I should have trotted over to you for lunch. Your voicemail was very funny because just as I was thinking 'why is he out of breath' you said 'I don't know why I'm out of breath...' Must be all that walking luv.

I have to go. Its Amy's 14th b/d tomorrow and between now and bedtime I have to make 28 cup cakes for her to take to school, not to mention feed everyone and take Anton to cycling in Coburg....COBURG fuck, I kid you not! Oh and I must remember to pick up Oliver from his friends house....

See ya!

me

(Rachel)


Subject: Hello Dean


Hey Christian... sorry I missed it cos that sounds pretty enticing. Was that you that messaged me in the morning? I was pretty tanked myself but I was out like a light till midday or so.. .and was in no condition to travel hehe.

Hopefully soon though...

Dean


Subject: Hello Dean


Hey Dean

Yes it was me who messaged you, but I think I was more wasted than I thought as I slept all day. I’ve been on holidays for the last two weeks which has been great. But it’s nearly over.

We’ll catch up soon

Christian


No comments: