Friday, July 29, 2005

Friends Become Friends

Got up at 7am. Got playing on gaydar and nearly hooked up with a guy I’ve wanted to hook up for sex with for a very long time, Logan – there is an irony, think Big Brother.

SMS. 9.21. Do u still want to come over, or did my house mate being home put u off? Either way it’s cool – Christian

SMS. 9.44. Keen. What address? – Logan

SMS. 9.55. xx G. Street – Christian

But it didn’t eventuate.

I went and collected my car from Altona. That’s Altona way out in the boondocks, where the road practically finish and the paddocks start.

I got home by 3pm with a headache. Got a call from mum, not soon after, saying that she’d cleaned up the garage and what time was I arriving?

“Mum, I didn’t ask you to do that and I didn’t say I was coming over definitely.”

“Well, it’s done now. You might as well just bring the car over.”

“I have a headache and I’m lying down…”

“Oh Christian, you can lie down any time,” said Lottie.

I guess, I do not like my mother’s disapproval. Who’d have thought? Because I got to thinking, the Rover really will only be in the way, it needs to be in a garage, to save what’s left of its ravaged body and now is really the only and most convenient time, head ache withstanding. I really should do it now. Grrr!

Off I went.

Josh, Jill and I went to Victoria Street for Vietnamese. Josh was going from there to D.T.’s to meet friends and wanted me to go with him.

I still feel sick. I do feel like I have poisoned myself over the last few weeks with drugs, as my reaction a little later to Josh’s suggestion of taking one later will attest.

SMS. 20.31. I am bored only 2 people in the restaurant – Rachel

SMS. 20.35. Jan & my restaurant is quite cosy – Christian

SMS. 20.34. Fuck off! – Rachel

Josh and Jill got on like a house on fire.

SMS. 20.40. That comes later hopefully… but I’ll have to get myself out of Victoria Street & off to Lygon Street – Christian

SMS. 20.45. Thought u meant with Jill! – Rachel

SMS. 20.48. She’s got no dick… I assume – Christian

SMS. 20.49. R u @ work? – Christian

SMS. 21.06. Sometimes we all assume 2 much – Rachel

SMS. 21.11. So she does have a… – Christian

Tom called, during dinner, to say that James (Wesley’s blind poodle) had been found floating face down in the spa, apparently Benson’s (Wesley’s new dog) paws were still wet.

SMS. 21.22. Go away now I have 2 more customers – Rachel

SMS. 21.25. Any eligible blokes? – Christian

Josh was to go to DT's and I was to meet him there, that was the plan. We were late, he got delayed – and just by the by, Josh and I were purving at a really cute wog-boy, at who’s table a girl got sick and an Ambulance had to be called, in the middle of it all – and delayed. I think he was onto me. But eventually he did go.

Just after he left, Jill turned to me and said, You’re not going, are you?

Not a chance, I replied.

Oh well, I thought so. Even if it is his last night in Melbourne.

Don’t you hate people who have known you for so long that they know exactly which button to push and at what moment?

You bitch, I thought. She just smiled sweetly.

Last night, last night, last night, just kept running through my head. Followed by, you haven’t been much fun either, since he’s been here. A right boring git.

I just looked at Jill, her expression didn’t waver.

Oh! It was going to be soooo easy, Josh out the door, me home to bed. Easy peasy. Bugger! Okay, let’s pay the bill and get out of here, so you can drive me to DT’S

Certainly, said Jill. It would be my pleasure. (I don’t think that’s exactly what Jill said, but it’s what I heard, with a self-congratulatory tone)

At DT’s sometime later, Josh asked me if I wanted to take an e. My instant response was for my stomach to do a flip, after which bile came up into my mouth, literally. I took it as confirmation of what I have been suspecting all week, I took too many drugs, I poisoned myself.

Still, the thought of drugs makes me squeamish, like never before. I’ve always had a cast-iron constitution when it comes to drugs. I’ve always wanted to take more. But not now. No siree Bob! Blur, yuck, I could think of nothing worse. I kid you not.

I walked home from DT’s. It was a chilly night, but they walk was lovely. I was going to catch a tram, but none came along.

SMS. 23.08. (Jill) Just left there 4 another pub, so now I’m walking home. Didn’t u and I have this talk? It’s gonna be about me in future – Christian

I pissed in a laneway, just near the Porsche dealer, and felt like a straight boy. It’s amazing how long a piss takes when you are out in the open and a little nervous about it. But I got away unscathed. He, he.

I suddenly had an urge for a fillet of fish when I saw MacDonalds, very unlike me. It proved why I don’t eat MacDonalds, it was tasteless and rubbery and only lukewarm.

The night was busy and cool and dark.

Beau was smoking bongs on the couch when I got there. I smoked a couple of joints and watched, Meet the Folkers, until I was falling asleep, at which point I took myself off to bed.

I turned the light off at 1.30am.


No comments: