Thursday, August 15, 2024

House Guest

We have a house guest who only knows how to wash up after himself by running the kitchen tap at full strength and washing the dishes under the running water. 

OMG! All that water!

At least now he is using hot water, as in the beginning he was using cold water. Not a clue about drying and putting away, so, I was putting his clean(ed with cold water) dishes in the dishwasher when he'd left the kitchen.

I've shown him how to use the kitchen plug and put the hot water in the sink, but her continues to blast the water when washing up.

I've shown him the dishwasher, which seems to remain a complete mystery to him. You'd think that would be the thing people use first, but no.

No. It is the water on full pelt with the dishes and a mountain of detergent all being washed down the plug hole before it can possibly have a chance to do any good.

It is annoying.

He doesn't know how to wash dishes. This is not one of the plethora of things I would have thought of that may annoy me when people come to stay.

Shake of the head.

Grrrr!

I know, I am getting more intolerant as I get older. It's true.

But, you know, when you are watching TV and there seems to be constant running water, it is annoying.

"Im sorry, you have to go, your washing up routine is too annoying."


No comments: