Friday, October 07, 2005

Another Day in Paradise

SMS. 7.00. Morning Christian. Another day… missed out on good news yesterday. My eye has permanent damage. Deep breath. Lots of… thinking… I need some good news today. Some time out would be good. Sorry to dump on you! How are you? – Tom

SMS. 7.18. I’m good. Another day in paradise, huh? – Christian

SMS. 7.20. Yes that’s the one. Actually my holiday people will let me take it whenever I want :-) Tom


Subject: 11.11


Xin chao....hello hello

we're here in Jenny's apartment just having a breather before we go out into the frey... oh chris chris it’s just amazing here...just teeming with life and fabulousness....the streets are jam packed... each street has its own mode of shops... shoe street... sunglasser street... suit street... bathroom accessories... and so it goes...should have seen me on hardware street ...ooooh i was in heaven....I'm just loving it although it is full on... your eyes get so tired trying to take it all in...nearly everyone on the streets... zooming along on their vespers & every sort of scooter you can imagine... is under thirty…baby boom after the war...you don't wait to cross the street you just walk out into it and they all go around you... it's really hard to get your brain to accept... but once you do it's fun and quite exhilarating.

It’s just so full of life with a great sense of community...the Vietnamese are so lovely and friendly... I'm just eating it up... will write again soon...

lots of love M&L


Ah, the end of the week. Friday, the big, tired stop – shut off, close eyes. But first, I’m off to Bolago to scan photos.

Skipping off into the quiet, slipping off into the green.


No comments: