Friday, October 14, 2005

Sunny Days

SMS. 8.21. (Tom) Morning miss, u r very quiet? The sun is shining, the sky is blue – Christian


Subject: Well well well


No idea what his name is but I do know they are refurbishing the establishment and he had heart palpitations due to stress yesterday and the father is too too gorgeous and they have a family home in Greece, just a short boat trip across the water from magnificent markets in Turkey... but his name I don't know...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm bored and feeling boring... life and its endless mysteries as to 'why' are a little fuzzy to me at the present and I don't like it. I have always known my 'direction' but its eluding me at the moment... or maybe I am eluding it...

Oh fuck fuck fuckity fuck... why doesn't every life, like any good car, come with a manual???????

hrumph

me (Rachel)

xxx


Subject: Well well well


Well... as to the fortunes I have no idea but will find out. I do know he's had the place for 15 years or so... just about the time it went from topless waitresses with blokes jacking off on the footpath whilst ogling the bar girls thru the windows (whimsically cute image in my mind... he was old and had nothing better to do...) I am working with the sister tomorrow and will get goss... she visited him today...

Did I tell you my brother is interested in investing in a restaurant for me... it’s that coffee shop we always talked about, altho I do feel a need for alcohol... Jill wants 'too do' dinner at some stage... how are you placed for next Tues?

Rachel


Subject: Well well well


He’s had the place for 10 years tops. The topless girls where only there for a moment, not even. I’d even forgotten about them. (There were never any men masturbating on the footpath. Pity!) But before that it sold heroin to deros, which was what I much preferred, quiet, not wanting to draw attention to themselves. No noise. Anything N. has done has had a detrimental effect on the neighbourhood. Please don’t tell me he claims to have made any improvements to the amenity of the area since he’s owned it. Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I would say that this used to be a quiet little corner of Fitzroy until N. took up residence.

Having said all of that, don’t mention me, as I have had a difficult relationship with N. and now I don’t have any relationship with him and I want it to stay that way. So get the goss and tell it all to me, but don’t mention me.

Woo-hoo for (brother) Craig.

Dinner is good for me, can’t make it Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. And Thursday I’m having my mouth operated on, so I could come, but it would be soup for me.

Now, I’ve got to pack my stuff and drag my weary carcass into my car and take myself off to Bolago for the weekend.

Christian


Subject: Hi Chris chris


Hi dear chri... Just wanted to let you know about our dinner at the wild Lotus Restaurant last night... spent a lovely night with Jen and her friend, Kerry La Gore, her name was Brenda but my god she was the spitting image, the voice ... the hair... the sence of humour... suffice to say ,it was very funny night... beautiful food... palatial surrounds and a real houit... Off to Ha Lon bay today with our new adopted son Lihn... he's never seen the sea before or been on a holiday... can't wait to see his face... he's just the most beautiful little soul... and yes I know we have to be very careful with his "tender heart" but it's really hard not to want to bring some magic into his life... he's had a hard time of it...

Jen is going to teach him english which is really great... better go the bus is waiting... lotsa love to you chris chris... Mark


Subject: Hi Chris chris


It all sounds grand. Shades of Carlos huh?

Christian


(Ed note – Carlos was a strapping, native Noumean who fell in love with me, when Mark and I had an affair with him, one lovely sunny holiday on the Isle de Pins. He slept snuggled up to me nearly the whole time we were there.)


I went to visit Tom on my way to Bolago. I called him on my walk home from work and he was very grumpy, monosyllabic answers that just left me hanging on the other end of the phone… so in front of Myer I hung up on him. But it played on my mind and when I went to give He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned some money at the salon. I called Tom and he said he would like a visit thank you very much.

I headed off to Bolago, with the last of my family’s old photos and a few of mine. I’ve only done the loose pictures, floating photos that have meant something to me over the years, surprisingly of which, there were a heap. I haven’t touched any of my photo albums. I will, but I figure they can wait for now, as they have some sort of order to them.

But I’ve done all the old ones. I now have photos from the 1900’s to present day. It is really interesting, the pictorial display gives my family and my life some history. Makes it more apparent. Puts it into my mind with greater clarity.

I’m just doing my bit. If every generation records just what they know then we’d have the family history sewn up. I’ve done it for the two previous generations, even if they were good with taking the photos and then being a bunch of hoarders.


No comments: