Sunday, October 30, 2005

Out for Coffee

Mum was coming over by tram to collect her bastard garden salt, that she bought off the radio, 3CR, gardening program, the studio, for which, is just in Smith Street. The show finishes at 9am Sunday, but she arrived at 10.15, an hour late, as she’d forgotten about day light savings. I thought she’d be fine, she’d be up at 6am listening to the wireless. So, there was no salt, we were an hour after the show had packed up.

I drove her home. I cut the grass, as she went down to the milk bar to get milk.

Whether she gets the salt, or not, whether she gets to her destination, or not, I don't think she really cares any longer, to a certain degree, they are all just outings for her, essentially, now a days.

Tim was going to Sylvia’s then drinking in Prahran. Nicholas was going to Raw Hide, with his two friends Jimmy and Sophie. I was to have the day home to myself. I have to get H & G script written, if Ab is talking about finance.

Somehow they all ended up here. Nicholas & co just on a pit stop, home for a break and bongs.

I just wanted to get as much of the script done as I could.

It’s great when I am feeling somewhat inspired and all the people who were supposed to be out, I was supposed to be here alone, are in fact, home pissed and trashed, with friends. Tim, Sylvia. Nicholas, on a pit stop from Raw Hide, bong break and his friends Jimmy and Sophie. The euro trash pop played at a million decibels, I can deal with. I can block that out. Strangely, it’s the inane laughing that really gets to me!

Not that they were really bothering me, it was an adjustment, which I’d hurdled and was out the other side.

SMS. 11.15. How about 2pm at Café Racer? – Rachel

SMS. 11.18. Where’s that? – Christian

SMS. 11.20. St Kilda Road just around the corner from Luna Park – Rachel

SMS. 11.24. I thought u were coming to my place? I’ve got to get stuck into some script writing today & would rather not leave Fitzroy – Christian

SMS. 11.26. No worries I will come there then see ya. I am about to poach some eggs want a couple? Bacon? Spinach? – Rachel

Rachel came to visit. She was coming around 2pm. Rachel had Freya and Oliver and Billie with her. I wondered about children as I went to the door, as the rest of the drunk & drugged stoners smoked bongs in the lounge.

Billie is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I could want one. We went to the Fitzroy Gardens Café, drank coffee and ate cake in the cafe in the middle of the park. It was gentle and relaxed.

I thought it was a good break, until the damn power surge at 6pm, which paralysed my computer. I turned it on and off several times and it just wouldn’t respond.

I couldn’t believe it. I was almost cross.

I gave up after that and smoked pot and watched TV.

SMS. 19.16. (Aby) I just had a power spike which fucked my computer. I might need Rat Boy – Christian

 

No comments: