Thursday, October 13, 2005

Party Time

Subject: Just a thought


Hey, can you get stuff duty free or cheap over there? If you can, I'd really like a digital camera. You could get me one, if there are good deals.

The weather has turned gloriously sunny here, hints of summer, despite raining like a bitch last weekend. I'll be off to Bolago this weekend, of course, for the big party. I didn't think, stupid me, exactly what sort of party it was going to be, still getting over the shock of, actually, saying yes – did have an escape plan in the back of my head which something like not, actually, turning up. In case I saw the error of my ways, I'm sure Luke would understand – until He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned fronted up and said, "What do you want for the weekend?" Of course, think about whose going Christian. So let's hope the Canadian isn't gay or cute, otherwise he could be in for a rough time. He, he, he, only joshing. But Shane on full tilt, I ask you?

Christian


Subject: What?


Hey – I confirmed with the Macquarie dictionary – the plural of focus is foci.

Kym


Subject: just a thought


Okey dokey, well look for a camera for you, I was trying to think of what to get you, but now you've solved that one for us – good one ju.

The party should be fun – Liz Millar yay!!! At least the music will be groovy even if the crowd isn't (He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned Shane & Mark & Jeffy excepted of course).

The Canadian dude mentioned birdwatching in his emails so I have the feeling he may not be the partying type, although possibly cute – who can say????

Just got back from Sapa this morning on the overnight train and was met at the station by a couple of the guys from the hotel we've been staying at in Hanoi – they were soooo excited to see us, I think I’m going to smuggle one of them back home - his name is Linh, and he's the cutest thing you've ever seen. I don't think he even realises that were gay, but he's so affectionate, the young lady that runs the hotel was telling us that Linh couldn’t sleep last night because he was so excited. It's weird we've established this little Hanoi family in the few days that we’ve been here, you'd love it here cri, the people are just beautiful. We're off to Halong Bay tomorrow, staying on a junk for the night in a bay full of tiny little granite pillars, grottos, swimming & kayaking. Anywho, have a great weekend, say happy b'day to Hamish for us, then kick him in the balls – hehehe. Love ya, Luke.


Leah B. – How are you toots? Just wondering if the Sedgwick payment has turned up in the mail yet (50th anniversary weekend), it will probably be in a hand written addressed letter, so you may have to open all the mail to find it, if so, can you please deposit it asap, if not – can you give them a ring (number in the diary from a couple of weekends ago), and blast the shit out them for me!!!!

Just went shopping in Sapa – the mountain village region – and bought some beautiful stuff for the bedrooms, we're gonna have fun when we get home.

Thanks again for looking after the place, hope it’s not too much. Talk soon. love ya. Luke.


No comments: