Thursday, October 20, 2005

Teeth

SMS. 7.36. How are you this morning? Slept in? – Tom

SMS. 8.14. Dentist very soon – Christian

SMS. 8.14. Good luck xxxx – Tom

Oh, I so couldn’t get up this morning, just gazed at the clock until I just had to get up, till I had no choice. Then there was the off-milk to deal with. I bought a 3 litre bottle of milk last week and, because I went to Bolago, it was 4 days past its use-by date. I was drinking it for the last few days. So I bought a new one last night, at the milk bar, which, also, was past it’s used by date and it left lumps in my tea. So, I had to go to the milk bar and get a new one, before I could eat my muesli, and I wasn’t going to be able to eat so much for the next few days. I still managed to get there by 9.01.

SMS. 10.25. Serious damage. Root amputation. Root canal to follow. $2000 more to fix. BUGGER! – Christian

The damage was worse than showed on the x-ray. I have had a partial root amputation… “You are numbed up, the root is exposed, I can do it now. Sorry, but you have to decide.” Which means going back to my dentist and having the nerve removed and a double root-canal filling and possible some restorative work all to the tune of $2000.

Okay, I said meekly.

He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned had his neck dismantled and put back together again without a peep. What have I got to complain about, after committing years of teeth neglect?

Imagine how the poor get on? No teeth, I guess. It’s a stereotype, but fuck, I’m lucky I’ve got $3000 to spend on my teeth.

My home phone is out of order, I worry about the internet, but that is working okay. I couldn’t care less if the line is never fixed.

The tyre pump is working at the servo and yet I don’t go around there with my bike. I’m a lazy fucken bastard!


Subject: What do ya reckon


(Kym)

What do you think the moral question behind Hansel & Grethel is?

Christian


Manny called to say he was on stronger OCD tablets, as he feels like his rituals are starting to win again. But will he keep taking them? Usually, it’s only for a few weeks at the most. He reminded me about the syndicate in tattslotto. I said I’d go in, despite saying earlier that I wouldn’t. I go weak at the sound of his voice.

Diet – muesli, 2 ice creams. 6 dolmardies. A doughnut. 2 jam tarts.


No comments: