Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Country, Then Home

Ah, Waking up on Sunday in the country, there is nothing like it.

SMS. 9.14. Morning Christian. Beautiful day! I actually wish I was in Bolago gently laughing perhaps. Give the hags my love – Tom

SMS. 9.20. Morning miss. No cigarettes so was forced to have a small joint. I wish you were here having a laugh – Christian

SMS. 9.24. Forced no less! I am resisting so far I need to shave! A wash might help too but let’s not go overboard xx – Tom

SMS. 9.26. Just scanned my favourite drag photo of u, preparing internet publication – Christian

SMS. 9.36. Oh spoil me why don’t you. They are all lovely photos anyway. I have nothing to fear – Tom

SMS. 9.39. Except from the little miss’ who r jealous of u – Christian

SMS. 9.55. I thought Mark was the only jealous one! Who else pray tell? – Tom

I meant the jealous “they.”

It was the most glorious day at Bolago, I had to tear myself away.

I called Manny for twenty minutes, from 1pm, as I cruised in the sunshine down the freeway. I kept calling until I cruised past Brunswick Road, where I waved him goodbye. Blew him a kiss and stopped calling.

Then I called Tom to say I was coming to visit. He said his parents were there, just in case I minded. The sun was soft and warm on my face, as the Rover accelerated up onto the Bolte. I was ultimately on my way to mum’s to drop off the car in anticipation of getting the Peugeot back tomorrow and I visited Tom twenty four hours ago, also with his parents. I like his parents, but one visit a week with them is enough. I called him back and said I’d come another time when he needed a visitor.

SMS. 14.26. Yeah day light savings started today! We are now 3 hours in front :) Boo to terrorists :( – Lauri

Mum and I walked down to the shops and bought fish & chips.

SMS. 15.19. There go the curtains… with all that extra sun – Christian

I left the car and caught the tram. I can sense that mum kind of dreads when she’s left on her own… maybe not dreads, just tries to make her accompanied moments stretch out as long as possible. She walked down to the corner with me and was still waving when I disappeared around the corner on Burke Road.

The tram ride was leisurely, surely a most agreeable way to travel.

Tim and Sylvia were drinking wine on a rug in the back yard making most of the glorious sun. Nicholas arrived on his bike.

I played with my scanned photos. I want to represent the decades on my computer in pictures. If photos are in an album or in a pile I never look at them, but on my computer. It kind of fills in the blank gaps, it is interesting to see the people change. I have a stack of old photos somewhere.

 

No comments: