Monday, June 13, 2005

Back to Me

Josh
That’s two weekends in a row that I’ve downed some pills and up’d me spirits. It’s now some time early on Sunday morning. Sunday morning? Sunday morning? Wasn’t it just Friday night? Good thing it is a long weekend. Queens Birthday. Yes, yes. Indeedie! Thank the lordly do, da day. Sunday. Another day to go. And you just gotta luv that.
Goodness me. I had my busy week this week. Deadline was Friday. I struggled. A couple of times I thought I wasn’t coping. Couldn’t focus properly. And it wasn’t until Friday night when I was with the usual suspects (I do believe that each one of them is the person your mother was referring to when she mentioned that someone had got in with a bad crowd) and they were all talking about their particular bitter come down the previous week. It wasn’t that I was loosing it, it was that I was coming down. Last week was the biggy. Lots of pills and days were lost. So that’s a relief…er…I guess.
And I’ve had the squirts all week, because of the, shall we say, misbehaving, but, I guess, you don’t want to hear about that.
Last Friday was just a two pill affair and one of them wasn’t until I got home. So, there you go.
Lost Saturday, natch.
13.06.05
Reg has moved out. She heard you were coming, so she up and left, back to Elwood. Once a south of the Yarra person… Actually, it’s not because of you at all – in fact, she was quite looking forward to seeing you – it’s because, I suspect, the lovely Tim is moving back in, in a week, I do believe. It’s funny you know, Reg said that now I have a new housemate to keep me company… but, I don’t want a housemate, I want to live on my own. It seems that I am providing accommodation for everyone’s benefit, except my own, of course. I could have been living on my own again. Rats! It’s a conspiracy, I tells ya. Now that mum pays half my mortgage, I don’t need ‘em. Sure, I could do with the money, who couldn’t? But I don’t rely on it any more. And still I can’t crack it for home alone.
Ah well, Tim’s great and only staying until Xmas, so he says. In that time, he is going to find himself a place of his own. Take his time, find the perfect place. Wonderful. Glad to be of service. Great that I could help.
I notice she has taken all of the ugly things… tacky blue bottles and clichéd cacti… why don’t people have the same impeccable taste as I? It’s always been a mystery to me. Here I am like an island of good taste, floating alone. Who knows?
And now I’m out of dope. Probably best. I’ve even smoked my sneaky stash. So there you go.
Tim can get cheap dope, so I guess that is good?
Tom’s excited about Tim moving back in, but, I guess, that is the drug connection.
Have I told you about Tom? Not sure if I have. His bone marrow transplant has given up the ghost – poor choice of words – and he is going into hospital for 6 months, probably, to have a donor bone marrow transplant at the end of June.
So you’ll be able to visit with flowers when you are here.
How long to go? Under a month, I do believe.
Counting down the days.
Christiano

No comments: