Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Nice Fat Cheque Would Make Me Feel Better!!!!!

I decided to try getting up early, instead of working late. Solves the Big Brother question, when working late. So I wound my alarm back to 6am before I crawled into bed.

It’s dark walking up Gertrude Street at 6.45am. Weird. Like the middle of the night. It feels like one of those dreams where you find yourself rushing to work on a Sunday. I should be coming home from a club, not heading to work in the dark and the cold and the virtual silence. There are just a few silhouettes of heads in the windows of the tram when it slides up the road like a big mechanical caterpillar, with eyes a blazing.


How exciting. I’ll have to come to Sydney for a look.
Christian


You will be welcome but I don’t have a spare bed yet so wait a while. Hey getting excited about going to UK and Africa. We leave on the 21st of July… very exciting.
How’s everything with you lovey?
Leah


Everything is fine here, but nothing as exciting as London and Africa. How exciting.
I think I might go and have a cigarette. Want one? Think how good it would taste.
Christian


Yucko no thanks – never shall such evil touch my lips.
I am being pure as the driven, since my party – eating well, lots of sleep and exercise – I want to feel fab on this trip!
Leah


Yeah, yeah. Heard it all before.
Christian


Yeah – at least I’ll do it!
Leah


What? Never smoke again?
Christian


Nup!
Leah


We’ll see.
Christian


How are you today Christian?
Ready to kill here grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Tom


I thought I’d try a variation on your idea about getting up early. But, of course, I got to work at 7.15am and not the gym.
It’s dark at 6.50am in Gertrude Street, let me tell you.
Are you ready to kill someone in particular... or is that kill in a good way.
Christian

God.
Ecky come downs sure are what they used to be!
Ugh.
Tom


A nice fat cheque would make me feel better!!!!!
Hey, I think if you wanted to, you might owe me 50 bucks for ecky all together...
Tom


SMS. 20.12. Mark finally got back 2 me 2 say 2morrow ok 4 dinner, 2late 4 me 2 organise Max tho so r u good 4 nxt week and if so is Thur good? – Kym
SMS. 20.20. Thursday next week is excellent – christian
SMS. 20.27. Splendid, will let Mark know and take it from there. How r u by the way? – Kym

I went to mum’s. I only stayed about an hour, time enough to eat. Some nights I just can’t do it. It’s just too much – the forgetting, the deterioration, the difficulty, he nonsense talk.

Thank the universe for that! What was I thinking, organising dinner for tomorrow night?

I told mum I was tired and had to get up early. She didn’t care.
“Off you go then, dear,” she said.
I felt a bit mean as I was driving home.

Into bed early. Another 6am start tomorrow.

No comments: