Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sleeping Late

Jane was driving Jules to the airport at 5.30am, so as it’s now 8am, I guess he’s halfway, more than, there by now. That’s Darwin and not the airport, you understand. Well, hopefully. He’s gone there to live. He’s always done that, if Melbourne gets too hard.


Tom

Joint?

Christian


The morning is still and quiet, not a soul is stirring, not even a mouse. Missy’s looking for food, though. Of course. That’s a given. She didn’t get to her size without a healthy appetite.

One of the good things about Ab sleeping late was that I always got the mornings to myself. Tim’s been up, but thank the lordy do dah day, he’s gone back to bed. I like living with late sleepers, means I can get up and get stuff done in peace. Well, peace isn’t quite the right word, but I’m sure you get what I mean.

If I had Ben in my bed, I’d be hopping back there quick smart. He’s such a lovely guy. And what a cute smile. Actually, I can’t wait for Tom to meet him, he is sooooo Tom’s type. Blonde, boysey, strapping, a little rough, in a gay sort of way. Even down to the Mohawk – faux as it might be. Baby Mohawk, maybe. In training…

But now Tim has gone back to bed and the house is still and quiet again.

I went back to bed and had a wank. Then I watched the bit of Big Brother which I taped on Friday night. Then I watched Riding in Cars with Boys, which taped after Big Brother.

Tim and Ben left the house, at about midday, so I decided that was my signal to go to my mum’s. So, without any more thought, I showered, dressed and left.

The sooner I got to mums the sooner I could leave and have another joint.

Now I’m home stoned – everything goes funny and on dim lighting. The world floats by, as if, in a distant haze.

I went to bed and watched Big Brother and the last episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. I ate two chocolate bars and a tin of plumbs. Then I watched the making of Live Aid from twenty years ago, with quite a few of the then performers being interviewed today.

I think I turned off the light at 1.30am.


No comments: