Monday, June 20, 2005

Bright Intelligent Funny Witty Loving

I felt so seedy this morning, so much so that I sat on the edge of my bed and just wanted to take the day off, crawl back into bed, throw up - not really, but almost. I calculated taking a day off and realised I couldn't do it, not so soon. Besides, it's every day that I want to take off. I don't want to work anymore! My head spun. Life is so unfair, I thought. I could be sooo happy writing at home. How do I do that...

So, as I sat on the edge of the bed looking at the time which said 8.20am, I realised I had to stop day dreaming about a day off and just get going. I left the house at 8.30am. Not bad going, but no coffee, no muesli, no nothing. Thank the universe I had a shirt ironed.

I so wanted to take the remains of my twif and throw it in the first rubbish bin. But I didn't. I soooo have to stop and start exercising and get healthy.

Now, I feel like I'm walking sideways, foggy-headed, feeling as though I'm going to fall down, burning in the chest. All I need is the squirts and I'll know what to blame it on. Clearly, I'm too old for this.

I've had two long macs.

My lungs feel atrophied.


Subject: shaky Monday


Hmmmm.... I can't imagine how you are feeling having gone out with Keith on Saturday night, (but you've been quiet ever since) but me, I feel decidedly seedy. Goodness, I had a couple of restful days too. Felt like I was going to puke in the gutter as soon as I left the house this morning. Boo-hoo!

Fuzzy, thick head. Er!

Christian


Subject: dish


Hi Christian,

Hope you are well!!

I had to borrow a microwave dish to take some soup to Beau's last night – I will get Beau to bring it in tomorrow (I hope you don't mind).... Apparently, I fell down the stairs on Friday night ... that explains the knee and the sore back....

Im going to have a quiet one tonight... might just go and grab a bite with Anna...

C U tonight.... X x

Tim


Subject: dish


That's fine about the dish. Everybody, at least once, falls down those stairs. See you tonight.

Christian


Subject: Monday


(M&L)

Morning. How are you today? Good, I hope? Lovely day.

Christian


I scuttled off to lunch not feeling too much better. I sat quietly with my head buried in the newspaper. Nobody got my attention.


Subject: Monday


Mornin to you... yes it is gorgeous... gorgeous Wane Wayne and more wain... gorgeous...

Mark


Subject: Monday


Rains good. Lubly wayne. I feel seedy today. Do you miss me?

Christian


Subject: Monday


That all depends on who you are today...

If you are the sluggish sallow skinned annoying bitter doped or drugged coming down old reprobate that I had dinner with... (and no they aren’t the best writers) then NO

But if you are the bouncy full of life bright intelligent funny witty loving natural Cri Cri that I’ve always loved...then yes indeedy do dah day... I miss him..

Mark


Subject: Monday


I had such a sense of missing you when I wrote the first email, that I just thought I'd tell you... or ask, as the case may be.

Christian


Subject: Monday


We miss you 2 dear Cri…

Mark


Subject: What time do you get home?


Hi Christian,

I need to pick up my mobile phone from your house. Can you let me know what time you get home tonight?

Thanks,

Shane


Subject: What time do you get home?


I'll be home about 6.15 to 6.30.

Is that who's mobile phone it is. I thought it must have been Beau's, Tim's B/F.

Christian


Subject: What time do you get home?


No just dizzy me. Will see you around 6:30....i hope.

Shane.


Late in the afternoon…


Subject: shaky Monday


ooh long story but i am alive...

Tom


Subject: shaky Monday


Always a story, miss... should this be called skanky Monday?

Christian


Subject: shaky Monday


no no mental health monday perhaps

will tell ya laters

Tom


Of course, I had a joint as soon as I got home. Although, I did buy a new packet of filters, just in case, I guess, I decided to have just a wee one.

SMS.20.02. Hi doll! All is well and hot and steamy!! Put you down as a referee for a new place hope that’s cool x – Julien

I laughed when I read this sms. My initial reaction was, You can be serious? But I decided that I couldn’t say that. So I stopped and thought about it. Julien is the only friend who I would say no to, should he ever ask me if he could come and live with me. Which is a huge shame, as a Julien is a great guy and a pleasure to live with. But last time he lived with me, I had to ask him repeatedly for rent, always saying that I hated asking him and that he had to promise that I wouldn’t have to pull him up like dad again to ask him for it. Nothing ever changed. He left owing many months and then was difficult about the bills. I know he is always broke, or not earning much, but whose fault is that? I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to say. Its mean not helping him out when he’s in a new place, an unfamiliar city. I don’t want him to think that I wasn’t here for him, if he needed me. But quite frankly, I doubt that I could give him a good reference for a rental property, quite frankly, without laughing. So, in the end, I decided to go with my first thought, as much as it pained me.

SMS. 22.06. A reference? You can’t be serious? – Christian

I was watching Big Brother with Tim and I didn’t tell him until after I had replied. I didn’t want Julien thinking that Tim had any influence over me.

SMS. 22.05. Ok – Julien

I felt sad again when I got Julien’s response. It seemed little and hurt and alone.

SMS. 22.16. Hey Perry, how much is the wood you get? – Christian

Tim went to bed earlish. I went to bed to watch Big Brother Up Late. I woke up with the TV blabbering on sometime during the wee small hours.


No comments: