Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Business As Usual

Kirin text me saying she'd be happy to answer texts, also rather mysteriously saying that perhaps I should delete the text after I had read it, very Mission Impossible, I thought.

I was at work at 8am. Business as usual. No one was saying anything.

Perry called me at 8am to ask if it was the anniversary of Tom’s death and how many years had it been? 8 years. I'd completely forgotten. I took me away from myself for a moment, to some nice thoughts, to something that was real. Thanks Perry.

Fatty Cake continued her sweet little-girl voiced hatchet woman routine. I don't know why I keep thinking it isn't going to go well for me, but Fatty and I continue in a silent truce. I try not to be too resistant to her charms, and she continues to be chummy.

No sugary treats today, though.

I came home at lunchtime and ate lunch with Buddy. Not that he deigned to come inside.

Fatty Cake asked me about some paperwork that needed checking.

“Wouldn’t Kirin need to check this before it was processed?”

What could I say, it is time to dump Kirin in it, not that I really wanted to, but I did, it was the truth. “Um, er, I think she is supposed to.”

“I see,” said Fatty cake. Well, he expression said this, even if her words didn’t.

Kirin had to make a decision by today. I didn’t hear what the decision was. As much as I like Kirin, and I do, despite her short comings, I hope she leaves, then there could be some movement with my role.

I don’t care what happens, obviously I will be upset if they get rid of me too, essentially, if that happened, I have simply extended my temp role for a number of months. Whatever? I don’t care. This is a circus, really.

We’ll see.

I left work at normal time. I guess I should have stayed longer.

We took Buddy for a walk. A bit stoned. We smoked the end of the pot. Boo Hoo.

We ate stir fried vegies, and egg and spam, for dinner.

We went to bed at 10.30pm.

No comments: