Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Small, fluffy dog

We are dog sitting a small fluffy dog for a friend. She is kind of sweet, for a small, fluffy dog. I shall call her Fluffy.



And while Buddy is cool with her, Milo wants to kill her. I'm not sure what his problem is, as we have dog sat before and while he's been a bit miffed initially, that is about it and he has been fine  with it pretty quickly. In no time the 3 of them are sitting together at the kitchen door waiting for their food. This time, however, he is not giving in. He keeps running after Fluffy hissing and spitting, with the attitude of a jungle mercenary. I'm not sure if he'd do Fluffy any, actual, damage, but it is concerning.

Milo is bigger than Fluffy. And Fluffy is the full disaster. She lives in an apartment, she has only ever pissed and crapped on a fake grass mat on the balcony of a high rise and she has an owner who is dirtphobic, so Fluffy is never allowed to play in the dirt and if, by chance, she does get a paw muddy she is bathed immediately and blow dried and perfumed. So, you know, there is a lot for Milo to be judgemental about. I'm wondering if he is confused, because Fluffy doesn't smell like anything the animal kingdom has ever produced.

We were told that Fluffy has never had a real bone and she is only to be given the completely factory manufactured treats with which she came. The first morning she was here, I let her out the back and she'd been out there for a while, so I went out to see what she was doing. She had found one of Buddy's bones and was happily munching away on it, so I left her to it. Sometime later she came back inside with bone scum smeared right across her furry mouth smelling like dead cow. I laughed. About time you were a real dog, I thought. I laughed. What would your owner think?

No comments: