Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Large Seed


Toast and vegemite, and coffee, of course, the breakfast of champions, is that what they say? Australian champions, to be sure.

I picked up a large seed from my kitchen bench, which had fallen off my boutique baked, seeded spelt loaf of bread, and popped it in my mouth. You know, as you do as you clean up the bread board and put it away. And it crunched between my teeth, but it wasn't a large seed at all, it was a dead beetle and it was sour tasting like ear wax. Nothing I did got that taste out of my mouth for the longest time.


2 comments:

David said...

I have never tasted ear wax so I can only imagine what a dead beetle tasted like! LOL

FletcherBeaver said...

Not even accidentally? You know, you scratch your ear, then later you chew your fingernail?