Friday, February 27, 2004

Is Manny Asleep?

I took Tom his two j's. Actually, I rolled him 4 and thought that I was doing really well.

Just the four, said Tom. Where’s my dope?

You said to roll a couple…(already I was seeing the error of my way. My birth day, astrologically, is the day of the literalist) …I bought you four. (Big smile.)

Tom just looked at me.

It never occurred to me to bring the whole lot, I said. Well, it didn’t.


I headed straight over to Manny’s. I got there at 9.30. But he didn’t answer his door. He must have gone out, I thought. It didn’t faze me in anyway – I was a little stoned – and I walked to the car thinking I needed petrol. It should have fazed me! Halfway home it occurred to me he could have just been asleep.


I did smoke two j's with Tom.


I had spoken to Manny before I went to the hospital. In fact, my phone ran out of batteries, as I was talking to him. So I’d said to him that I wouldn’t have a phone and he said that was alright and for me to drive straight over there.

I was tired. I had been thinking of an early night, as I drove up Punt Road. I nearly piked, but at Victoria Street I thought, Come on Christian, don’t be like that.


When I got home, there was a missed call on my phone at 9.16, but no message.

It’s 10.45pm and Manny still hasn’t rung.

Should I go on gaydar now?

Nah, I’m whacked after two more j's.

I was half hoping that Manny got bored and went to the Peel. And that he’d arrive here, unexpectedly. But nah.


I’m going to bed.

It’s 23.30.


Manny called when I was in bed. I must have dozed off to sleep. He spoke to Glen after I’d called before going to the hospital. Glen had upset him, telling Manny that he had used him. Which is true. So Manny retreated to bed with his ear plugs in. He didn’t want to hear Glen if he came knocking at the door. But, of course, he didn’t hear me either.

He had called me, but when it answered he remembered that I didn’t have it with me, flat batteries, so he didn’t leave a message.

Manny had got up for a piss and heard my message. He called me with a hard-on; he was horny and wanted me to go over.

 

No comments: