Sunday, February 22, 2004

Joy To The Fucking World

Doll, what happened to you last night? You never showed up.

I pulled a pair of Tim's jocks out of my underwear draw this morning, as I was getting dressed to go to lunch. I decided to wear them, maybe they'll make me feel 6.1, tall, dark and handsome all day.

Big smile.

christian


Hey Christian.

I stayed at Perry's for S's b'day until about 8, then dropped into the sauna on the way home, and got in just before 12.

Has Jane had her baby? Is it a boy or a girl?

xTom


I left about 11am to have lunch with Jill.

I went to mum’s and had a cup of tea with her.

Mary and Luke and Mary and Marion arrived as Jane was in labour. Jay, a boy, was born just after 8.30pm.

Everybody behaved badly.

Mary called to say that she hadn't been able to get in contact with Jane, so he called the hospital and found out that Jane was in. (Later, he said that he was pleased that Jude had called him)

I'd just got home from mum's, Mark said that he and Luke would be there in 50 minutes.

Mary's sister Marion called to ask for Mary’s mobile, as Mary wanted to speak to him before they went to the hospital. I couldn't find Mark's mobile number so Mary decided she'd come to my place instead, as Mark was on his way too.

Coincidentally, they all arrived together.

Mary appeared fragile, I wasn't sure why. I thought it was the nerves of an expectant grandmother.

Mark, Mary and Marion left for the Mercy together. Luke and I waited behind.

Luke and I fed the fish and chatted for a while. Mark called to say that it wouldn't be long. I said to him to call when it had arrived and then we'd come over. But, Luke and I decided that we were only waiting anyway, so we thought we might as well wait at the hospital as wait at home.


Tom

The baby’s here, or should be by the time you read this. We’ve gone to the hospital, sweetie. (Mercy)

Christian


Jane was having a hard time, Julien and Andy were her birthing partners. Julien and Jude were waiting, as they had since 3am in the morning, dead tired, unable to speak, practically.

Mary was cross, not nervous. The last conversation she’d had with Jane they had argued. And Mary hates Andy, something I wasn’t aware of previously.

We waited and waited with no word.

Then the nurses were wheeling a crib and Andy was walking beside it, looking like a rabbit caught in headlights.

Jay needed oxygen, he’d been in the birthing canal too long, but from all reports he was okay.

Andy acted like a child and stressed to the max was insisting that he didn’t want his kid in a box – the humidy crib.

“Get me kid out of the box. Get me kid out of the box,” he said to the nurses through gritted teeth.

And when Mary came in he got really angst ridden and started saying. “I don’t want all of these people in here. Get all the people out. Get all the people out.” Clearly, Andy knows how Mary feels about him.

At which point Mary said, “It’s okay, I’ll go.”

Andy was the quintessential straight boy that he is, letting his paranoia’s and fears over-ore any semblance of sense.

Julien came out like Googie Gomez, straight after opening night. Huge smile. Oh yes, everything went just fine. Jane's fine, the babies fine and yes, I'm just fine too. Hand wave of the face. It was such a wonderful experience for me, amazing. I don't think I'll ever be the same. It has chaaanggeed myyyyy – did I say me, my – life. Hand wave. I'm so amazed. I couldn't have imagined it would be quite so wonderful. Oh but I'm exhausted. I've been in there for hours. So draining. So amazing. But I'm fine, don't worry. A short nap, a couple of days and I'll be just fine. Thank you for coming, you've made it all the more joyous for me. I don't think I'll ever be the same. But, I see I have more people waiting. Hand wave of the face. So if you'll excuse me, I can see that they are all waiting in the other room for meeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enhancement suspected.

It was a circus, all the children, and I mean children, were there for themselves, so it seemed.

I couldn’t help feeling like I was intruding into something where I wasn’t wanted. I wish I hadn’t gone to the hospital.


Christian

Okay. ☺ Email me, let me know if it is a boy or a girl. ☺

Tom


Tom

Jane had a baby boy, Jay. She had a hard time during the birth, as he is a big kid. Big head, took a long time in the birthing canal. Big feet too, apparently.

It was all very weird. I left with the feeling of being zoned out, lots of tension, but I'm sure you'll hear all about it from bigger drama queens than me.

I'm going to bed.

Joy to the fucking world.


No comments: