Friday, February 13, 2004

A Machine That Dispenses Toasted Sandwiches

Goodenss Miss your Mum was right! Maybe it's us that should be put into a nursing home ☺

Have a loverly day I'll give D yer love.

xT



Mornin. Give Happy a slap from me.

christian



Tom and I decided last night that a good nickname for D is Happy.

Mum told me at dinner that John Winston had done a backflip on pollies super. Tom and I decided it was another example of her losing the plot.



Afternoon Miss.

I hope your day is progressing well.

D gratefully received your love, and unfortunately didn't bring his mobile phone to the hospital, so all those lovely messages will be awaiting him at home. I thought about not saying anything but I couldn't do it.

D is looking very well, I could almost say the best I've seen him in ages, but that could sound like I'm trying to be insulting, which I'm not.

He's smiling, laughing, walking, cracking jokes, and was just lovely.

He's a little concerned about some kind of mix up that happened in theatre where a syringe (needle-less) was shared between him and another patient. They haven't told him yet on whom it was used first, they just explained the situation, took lots of blood, and will tell him more when the get the test results. I would imagine the other unfortunate has just had triple combination HIV therapy added to his/her drug list...

But D's cool, he hasn't been put on anything extra and if anything *did* happen, then as he said, "It's not my fault".

He laughed when I told him about the SMS to Shane about his windpipe. When he asked Shane's response and I said "Silence," he laughed even more. He laughed (although not quite as hard as before I must admit), about my spreading the rumour of his death by lung cancer (at this moment I wish I had Julian Morris' phone number; I wonder if he's on Shane's list). But laughed nonetheless :)

I *was* wrong to "threaten" that parent with the police station, my boss Angela has informed me. She's going to call him and talk to him about it, and apologise on behalf of the Centre. On behalf of the centre?

She also pointed out to me kindly but firmly that if anyone was going to talk to Antonio, it should have been her, and that if, in the future, I have a problem with any particular parent and the smooth running of the centre, she'd really appreciate it if I talked to her about it.

So there you go Doll, been instructed not to beat myself up about it and that it's fine, but told gently that I had overstepped.

Can I have a roid rage after only one day?

Who knows who cares, it feels fabulous!

And I bet Antonio isn't late EVERY day now as well...

Anyway Miss, a joint in the sun calls me. and I must away.

Have a lovely weekend, and perhaps I shall see you Sunday.

Give my love to the Hags.

*cheeky grin*

Tom



SMS. 17.56. R u doing anything tonite? David Monsoon, Harry Whit & Chris r coming 4 dinner, if u could stand it…tee hee. – Rachel

SMS. 18.10. Thanks all the same… You didn’t tell me that Adam was having a commit ceremony, you kept that very quiet. Sad bastard! – christian


I was stoned after that. Stupid me. Let’s go fuzzy. I wanted to visit D and I wanted to go to Bolago.

I’ll go visit D…and then come back and get my stuff.

No that’s stupid. Oh I just can’t face getting my shit together. Go see D and come back.

Go out to the car.

It would only take, what, five minutes? Walk back to the back door. I can’t be bothered.

No, go inside.

Phone rings. Get distracted talking for a while.

Now what was I doing? Go visit D. Go out to the car.

No, that’s stupid. Get you stuff. turn around walk back inside.

There might have been one more

D was out of that hospital bed and in his dressing gown in two seconds flat, after I produced the joint. Good on ya luv, he said with his drag-queen husky voice.

We smoked pot as we gazed at a machine that dispensed toasted sandwiches and wondered what they’d be like. Who’d ever heard of such a thing?


SMS. 20.25. They are reloading the toasted machine. They will be fresh! – Shane sent back after he left.

We remained unconvinced.

I got my stuff. Saw D. And got to Bolago around 10pm. Not bad.

Cousin David was there. 


No comments: