Saturday, February 07, 2004

The Last Shout of Summer

I was up at 5am, don’t know why. But I was awake and the tv was still going from last night. I was wide away, so I headed down stairs and made coffee. I watched the day turn from dark to light and it was beautiful.

The stomach pains are still there slightly from yesterday, just a bit.


It's early February, a lovely time of year. The last shout of summer, before we slip into my favourite time of year with it's gold's, reds and yellows. It always makes me think of... hmm... think of lovely friends and good times past. The autumn of summer, the long golden rays of the long days.

But it makes me think of something else to... or it should? The old memory isn't quite what it used to be.

Do I hear a little voice somewhere in the distance saying something like, oh, I don't know... IT'S NEVER BEEN GOOD!

No, must have just been the vind... er... wind.


SMS. 10.38am. Miss! How are you? The island is just lovely! – Tom

SMS. 10.45am. I’m good. Up at 5am, don’t know why? I think I had food poisoning y’day, bad pains, slept and watched tv, dvd thanks Perry – christian


I watched Billy Elliot. I cried as the father crossed the picket line to earn some money to send Billy to ballet school. I cried because, I suppose, my father could no longer do that for me… because his father did it for him.

I went back to bed mid afternoon for a nap.

I finally started writing some of my novel. Yay!


No comments: