Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Productive Day

hope you have a productive day Christian...
I'm all for non-violence today ☺
Tom


Yes, productive it has to be. They have bought my deadline back from the 14th to the 11th. @#$%^! But, I suppose, that is life.
Good to hear about the non-violence decision. I was just reading about a near-sighted 80 year old nun who was dragged from a car and set upon, in a fit of road rage. Now, the atheist in me said, Yeah, yeah, she deserved it, no doubt. It was practically a community service, nun's being what nuns are and the evil that they represent. But, with my seventy nine year old mother proposing to drive to Templestowe next week, where do you draw the line? It's a grey area. So the default position has to be that of a pacifist. Otherwise anarchy would rule, doll.
Big smile.

At home…

Hello you
Yes it was me who told you the chiwowa (slack spelling but who can be bothered) and it was from a little old lady by the banks of the Murray River just after Freya had had her finger sliced open by an over zealous pelican that wanted her lunch...a sausage roll. Ate the bag and all. We all hope it ended up with a twisted bowel but knowing paper bag companies these days it would just ingest the entire thing and look all the more radiant for it! Bloody greenies and their self composting bloody packaging. After what it did to Freya we wanted the bastard to suffer.
Now....a word of warning for any intrepid traveller is to steer clear of the pelicans on the banks of the river in Mannum SA! I know it's prob high on your travel agenda but beware...
What? Not wanting to babysit? You absolute bastard....there are only 4 of them......good grief, you bloody poofs are all the same. How's a girl to keep her act together without the occasional good root? Don't worry you're left off the hook this week as my nephew is coming to stay and little does he realise that Thursday he's babysitting.......but next week you may be called upon! Come on Christian its not that hard you just have to sit here and watch telly, they will go to sleep amazingly well...no intervention (or fenergen) necessary! So you old bugger just tell when you're free and come and do it...promise I'll be home by midnight…with a big grin on my face!!!!!
What the hell are you thinking about a Beagle.........................don't ask Anton cos he likes them...I worry about that boy!
Call me....
Rachel


Hello
Oh, whoops. I must get new stories, clearly. It's almost as bad as cutting a pasting an email back to the same person. (which I've nearly done)
I have, in fact, been to Mannum for a holiday. Lovely spot it is too. Although, I don't remember any pelicans. Too stoned most probably. A week on a houseboat, now them were the days.
I never said that I wouldn't baby-sit... but about the nephew?
When am I free? Now that would be the thing. Oh well, you'll just have to catch me on a free night.
My hermititis has got really bad since me flatties have moved out. I scamper home and shut the door and the world out and it's so wonderful...um...er...words fail me.
I practically only ever communicate by email...no one can interrupt me that way.
I did venture to the coffee shop for a new bean grinder, though, as a flatemate, several removed, took mine. The woman behind the counter was so Prue out of Kath and Kim... I said what I wanted and she showed me several types
“We have the Gaggia and the Leggia and the Cornucopia, unless of course you just want one of those buzz-boxes?” She said this with an air that I couldn't possibly.
“Um, yes, it was the buzz box that I was really interested.”
Roll of the eyes, look of disdain. “Oh…(big sigh) we only really have two types. This one which is fifty-five dollars and this one, which is one hundred and five. This one has a better motor and is clearly the better product of the two,” she said pointing to the more expensive model. (not wanting to touch it though, you understand)
“So are you saying this one is much better than that one?”
“Well, yes...um... this one has two cutting blades and this one,” roll of the eyes, “only has one.”
“So would this one last longer?” I said.
“It’s a superior product,” she said. “But you’d be far better of with a machine with a grinding action, really.” (she rolled the r on grinding. And really sounded more like rarely.)
“I don’t really drink that much coffee, (who has the fucking time?) just on weekends.”
“Oh,” she said. “Only on weekends...urrr...well, this one would do the job then, I suppose.”
She completely intimidated me. Not sure why, not usual for me, as I'd treat such meetings as blood sport usually. She must have got me on an off day. Actually, I had spent the whole morning looking at lighting with a friend and her very talkative 2 year old. So maybe I was a little off balance.
As I walked home with the more expensive machine, I thought that I don’t usually fall for that kind of thing. If I’d bought the fifty-five dollar machine and it only lasted for a few years and then bought another one, I would have been better off than with the more expensive machine, which may, or may not, last longer.
I won't tell you what happened to the beautiful top when I tried to pull the idiot sticker off. (Don't insert fingers if blade is spinning)
So that was less than successful, but at least I have fresh coffee.
I haven't been out since.
About the Beagle...it's just that I've seen a few lately. Cute ears! Cute ears! It's about the only medium sized dog I've seen lately that has even remotely sparked my interest. Are they smart dogs though?
You just know I'd call him Snoopy.
christian


10.30pm…


Hey Christian.
Hope your day was just dandy...
Mine at work was pretty good - I noticed any temper rises I felt and modulated them appropriately...
On new just in, Julien lost his job at Greasy Joe's... Couldn't manage to make it in... Not that it's Sebastian's fault, but I *almost* feel like having a word with him the next time I see him – “Please stop giving my friend drugs, they aren't good for him anymore..."
We'll see...
Anyhoo, ta ta..
xT


My day was good.
I've been home reconstructing my journals all night. Drinking fresh coffee. Patting the cat. Playing black music and smoking cigs, natch.
Just spoke to Manny, he's been sick, upset stomach. I almost went over and rubbed it for him. Yum! (I should have)
But I didn't, he's off to sleep, gotta work tomorrow.
You know, every time he talks about the horrible Glen, it just makes me wonder.
He said Glen hates me, is jealous of me and says mean things about me. When I said, good thing he doesn't remember what I look like, Manny said, but he knows where you live, just a little too quick, as though it was something Glen has said, threatened even.
Oh well, not something to think about, hey?
I hope your day was good too.
Shame about Jules... yeah, right. He'll come to his senses soon enough. He's not a stupid boy. Then we can all tisk, tisk, waggle fingers and help him to his feet.
Big smile.
christian


ahh fresh cawfee how lovely... dont drink too much now!
Give Manny a kiss from me, hope he feels better soon.
Don't worry about Glen. I don't know why, but I know that no harm will come to you from him.
Have a good rest of your night.
Love ya
xTom


I'll give Manny two for ya!
christian


I know it shouldn't, but the Glen thing makes me feel odd.
I have many people who love me and he doesn't seem to have even one... but he has hate for someone he doesn't even know.
I find it creepy
christian


OK how about this...
Do you think it's at all possible that Manny might exaggerate Glen's behaviour/words to show you how much Glen loves Manny?
I'm not saying he is, just wondering...
Tom


Actually, I hope so.
But mostly, it sounds like Manny feels sorry for him. You know, in the same emotional basketcase...um...basket. (not that Manny is actually an emotional basket case) Afflictions unite them. But, Manny doesn't even seem to like him all that much. Mostly Glen seems to annoy him.
Or is that how I think Manny should react to him?
Ah, who knows?
Glen is a limpet.
I'm following my horoscope this week. Only ask the questions you truly want to know the answers to.
I'll be sure to pat Manny' tummy for ya. (Nice too, all them pack things)
christian


yeah forget glen
the horoscope sounds good adcive for life, not just a week..
but back to ya beautiful bf – 2 kisses and a tummy pat from me, thanks doll.
will ya tell him they’re from me tho, that’s my question!
big wink
goodnight
xT


Nah…not a word.
goodnight.
christian

It’s 1.11am


i knew that :))
have fun doin em anyways
Tom

No comments: