Thursday, February 12, 2004

Let's Convert the $50 I Owe You Into Dope as a Back to School Treat

Up at 6.30am. What is it they say, the older you get the less sleep you need.

I dreamt about a girl who’s nose I’d broken and she was after me with a knife. If I fell asleep she was going to get me, so I had to stay awake. I’m sure we were in some tropical environment. I decided that I had to kill her to save my life. Punch her so hard. It would be self-defence.

And then I dreamt about a party, with family. Pat Denton was there and Auntie Marg and Rick Duncan and Mark and I think Barbara A, who were all sitting outside by the pool.

Inside, there were a group of people. One young guy in tiny shorts was kissing his girlfriend, during which time his cock came out of his pants. It was so hard and his shorts so small he couldn’t get it back in, so he just sat there with it in his hand, laughing. It was huge.

I woke up to a message on the answering machine from Josh Gale. He said he’d called to chat to me before I went to work. He said he was so busy he didn’t have time to email. So he’d called to chat instead. You know, I really can’t afford to call him back.


The Little Red Man

Gisbourne Street and Albert Street. Morning. Peak hour.

A pedestrian runs across the lights as the little man turns red. A car turning right continues to make it's turn despite the pedestrian. It turns slightly wider to miss the man.

"You stupid bitch," yells the man and he swings his brief case which hits the back panel of the car.

The woman driver pulls over and gets out of her car to inspect it. There is a dent in the panel work.

The pedestrian walks along the footpath toward her.

"I want your name and phone number."

"I want you to obey the road laws, but as we've just witnessed you don't always get want you want." He says dismissively as he continues past her car.

She runs around the front of her can and grabs him by the arm.

"I want your name. My car is damaged."

"Listen here rat-face, if you don't let go of my arm I will have you charged with assault."

She lets go.

"You were walking against the red man."

"I suggest you read up on your road laws."

"You have wilfully damaged my car."

"It was self-defence, you tried to run me down."

"I'm calling the police."

"Go for your life." He turns to walk away."

"I want you name..."

"You can whistle Dixie. And you'll be lucky if your not charged with dangerous driving. I may report you..."

"I'm not giving you my name."

He looks at the front number plate. "SDT 001."

"It's not my car."

The pedestrian steps toward her. "You know something, that's the wonderful thing about the twenty first century. Self-centred, selfish and who gives a damn about the next bloke, mate. If in fact that is true, which I doubt, all I have to do is threaten the driver with dangerous driving charges and he'll whistle like a bird."

"It's my husbands car."

"Jesus, dumb as well as ugly."



mOrning Miss.

Dan's not Italian at all – you were right.

he doesn't know why I thought he was.

xT



No word from the "real" daniel yet...

Tom



SMS. 11.30am. Good luck Miss. I’m thinking of you – christian



Did D go to Hossy?

I sent him a text message. Not sure if he can have mobile's in Hossy. Why I didn't call him last night, I don't know. It never occurred to me. I'm a bit slow sometimes. But after 3 bourbons and two wines... eeeeee!

christian



Remember, I can spot an Italian at 1000 metres. Can sniff them out over less.

christian



he is under the knife as we speak Miss...

dont expect a text back today :)

Tom



Oh well. It will be a lovely message for him when he comes too. (I suppose) (A bit late, but hey?)

☺ christian



That damned Daniel did indeed cancel on me.

That's twice!

I'm deleting him ☺

Oh the sun is lovely, and I've been to Parkmore to get some summer bargains!

Yay!

xTom



If they can't put in an appearance... a minimum requirement, I would have thought.

The there is a whole list of them only as far as your computer.

☺ christian



Kym

Now where was I? 5.30pm. Going home. Get back to you the next day. First thing, did I say? Gosh doesn't time fly?

So how is my favourite writer?

I'm well, chopper... no, I've got both my ears... chipper! Astoundingly good! Well, I'm okay, I just thought astounding sounded... um ... grand.

I'm living on my own now a days and it is fabulous. I had a sneaking suspicion, after all these years, that perhaps I wouldn't like it. Be lonely rattling around in the old house. But no such luck... er... situation... um... I'm not. I lerve it.

So write and tell me all the news and the dates for when we are going to meet up for ciggies and wine. We can have dinner at my place? But I'm not going to cook, you understand. Oh... um... am I really writing this... I suppose I could cook. I can you know. Cook, that is. It's just that I don't much like it. Unless, you want cake. I'm good with... enjoy cooking cakes. We could have a selection of cakes for dinner. What do you think?

Mm!

Back to school next week. Have you got your pencils and writing pads packed?

christian



How very splendid to hear from you. Mmmm...living on your own...I've got my eyes closed imagining the serenity of it all.

And, YUM, cake for tea. How absolutely marvellous. Or we could eat out, or have fish and chips in,or...I'm open to, well, anything really. And as for when...now let me see, I could come over every night and get fat(ter) on cake and blacken my lungs with smoke and have splendidly stupid arguments with my boyfriend about that and drink wine and...but then where would all your serenity be? So any time is good for me. I have nothing coming up. How about next week? What day/s do you study (coz that wouldn't be a good day to be at your place, you not being there and all). Let me know.

And no, I don't have my bag packed for school because they won't let me start until half way through the year, dammit! Monstrously unfair of them.

☺ Kym



Kym

Oh, what day you say. Er... (Edna Everage face)... what day I say? Hmmm? Drat! I've no idea. Bother! So, maybe you had just better come over every day to check if I am home. And since I have no idea when the schoolie thing starts, there's a good chance I'll be home.

How terribly tedious of me, as I thought I could give you a pick at my... um, no ... lets not be gross... free calendar. (If you guessed the missing word as scab, you get 10 points)

☺ christian



Okay,

So Tuesday evening it is then (unless you find you've got school things to do). I haven't had a ciggie for 8 days now, or 192 hours or 11,520 minutes or...(but who's counting). By next Tuesday I'll be a fortnight without nicotine - reckon I'll probably need some by then. Anyway, let me know if Tuesday works for you. I'll turn up at your place and we can decide on the eating option then (unless of course you need to know in advance whether to whip out your apron and whip up a cake).

I'm feeling very happy (about visiting you that is)

Seeya

Kym


SMS. 15.29. D is in recovery from his operation and it appears that all went well – Shane

SMS. 16.06. D died on the operating table, he had undiagnosed lung cancer – Tom

SMS. 16.07. Sorry, only joking he is in recovery – Tom

SMS. 16.10. You just know I’m going to forward that message – christian

SMS. 16.12. To D I hope! – Tom

SMS. 16.15. A-ha – christian

SMS. 16.20. Forwarded message. D died on the operating table, he had undiagnosed lung cancer, Tom – christian

SMS. 16.25. Forwarded message. Sorry, only joking he is in recovery, Tom – christian

SMS. 16.45. I hope that wasn’t a mistake – christian

SMS. 16.46. Oh, D’s got a good sense of humour? Nervous smile – christian

SMS. 17.15. I’m sure he’d laugh – Tom



I went to mum’s for dinner. When I was there, Tom called me to suggest that he could convert the fifty dollars that he has owed me for weeks into dope as a small back to school treat.

I relied, you know I’m as weak as piss when it comes to dope, yes, count me in.

I met him afterwards and we smoked dope and chatted into the night.


No comments: