Monday, February 23, 2004

Nah Mate. Probably not a Good Idea. She's Tired, She Needs Her Rest

Hey Christian.

Hope this finds you fresh and perky ☺

Congrats on becoming a step-grandmother Miss. Well done, not that you really had to do that much comparatively I suppose...

I'm not sure what you meant by the "stress" of it all. I assume that everyone involved is okay now, but what, pray tell, might bigger drama queens than you tell me??

I'm going to try to see Jude when he finishes work – if he's there that is...

Have a great day Miss.

xTom


This was my first email...which I didn’t send.


Subject: Jayday

I'm good, a little tired, bleary-eyed. And I didn't do anything, really.

Jude was shattered when I last saw him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't at work. But I wouldn't presume to talk for him, obviously.

Everyone involved is okay, yes.

You know, it's really daunting, confusing, upsetting, almost, to watch an adult matter being played out with a cast of children.

And that's about all I really want to say about it all, except to say I'd like to forget the whole sorry affair

C

This is the email I sent...


Subject: Jayday


I'm good, a little tired, bleary-eyed. And I didn't do anything, really.

Jude was shattered when I last saw him, he hadn't slept for twenty four hours, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't at work. But I wouldn't presume to talk for him, obviously.

Everyone involved is okay, yes.

Jane was just exhausted. I held her hand as Mark, Luke and I went into see her.

Well done, miss, I said. And she smiled the wan smile of the over-tired. But she's good, despite being stitched up and a little puffy in the face.

C


I've got the whole (45 minute) story from Jude.

God, who would have thought birthing could be so fun!

Glad everyone involved is well ☺

Catch you soon Christian ☺

Tom


Happy days, dohl. Happy days!

Guess who was of iiinndeesssspppensssiblleee help!

christian


well i bet there's no prize for who that was...

but i heard Julien and Mark completely ignored each other?

Tom


I didn't send this next one. I decided it was time to buy out. I'd said too much already


Not true dohl.

All though Julien made himself scarce after first contact.

He ignored all of us. And apparently, Sebastian snarled, although, to tell you the truth I didn't even see Sebastian, although apparently he stood next to me at some stage. Too beige

I got to the stage where I didn't want to talk to anybody.

christian


I hope your day was.

None of the kiddies got killed today ☺

Tom


Huh?

christian


I hope your day was lovely!

Tom


No, I was huh’ing at…none of the kiddies got killed today?

christian


ekky come down doll...

can get ugly...

Tom


My class tonight was at The State Library, How to make a living as a full time writer. So I headed to Subway on Swanston Street opposite. I couldn't begin to describe the amount of food that everyone was ordering in front of me and I only had five minutes to start time. I'll never feel guilty about ordering a "foot long" again. So I headed out into the street to eat it instead of my usual eat in – I often eat Subway, tuna or club, before school. Subway rolls are wrapped tighter than a newly born, the reason I usually eat in, and I was concentrating on the unwrapping as I stepped into Swanston Street, but as I glanced up, for safety sake, I saw Shane out the front of the shop, before I looked back to what I was trying to free from what bound it. He was no doubt attending class at R.M.I.T. I don't know if he saw me, or, if in fact, he saw me see him, but I pretended that I hadn't noticed him. I just wasn't in the mood and I was hurrying to class. Oh well. I kind of hope he didn't see me. I hope he was otherwise distracted too.

I think I'm more affected by the saga of the last few days than I realise. Julien and Sebastian and Jude and Julian and Andy... it was all crap. I feel kind of depressed by it all; the breakdown of friendships, the pathetic machinations of those who use others, the fears and paranoia of the addled and the dumb, the egos, the selfishness, the crap. It really makes me feel like I'd like to wipe the lot, although probably, I'm probably the one who is already wiped in most of their eyes. So, let's stop pretending, I think. Perhaps, I should just move on. There is a time for everything and I think this time is over.

I spoke to Mark after I got home and he hadn't been into visit Jane, as Andy is playing guard dog on the phone.

"I was going to come in and visit Jane," said Mark

"Nah mate. Probably not a good idea. She's tired, she needs her rest."

Perhaps, we should all just but out.


No comments: