Saturday, October 02, 2004

House of My Own

I got up before 8am and Rob was sitting on the couch watching television and drinking beer. Oh good, I thought.

I just soooo want to live on my own. I just want to live with gay people. One gay person. Straight people just aren’t the same. It shouldn’t be that way, but, when it comes down to it, straight people have internalised homophobia, they can’t help it, it’s all a part of being the majority in society. In the end, they are the norm. Like when Ab said she wanted a dance party at Bolago which her mother could come along to without the fear of witnessing two guys sucking each other’s cocks. Admittedly, she was tired and stressed, but there is some truth in those words, for her. What makes the straight world, when pushed, think that we will do something that goes against the norm. Like we’d be inclined to suck cock when there is a middle aged woman with in the vicinity. Hello?

You know, “So Gay!” like “dirty liberal,” like its odd. 


No comments: