Wednesday, June 08, 2011

I Had a Bitch Lunch To Go To

I had a bitch lunch to go to anyway, so I didn't, really, care if the weather was fine or furious. My first with the ex-(name of company) "We hate (name of company) club," plus an ever diminishing number of current employees, the nice ones, the people still with a little "normal" DNA left running through their bodies and not the super cyborg corporate plasma fusion where the blood used to be, aught to be, once was. In fact, the ratio has now tilted in favour of the ex's, with fewer current employees.

They were all amazed and perplexed about my exit. Apparently, my new colleague who I was, allegedly, unpleasant to, was in tears after I left. They all tut tutted about the anorexic bitches comments and spiel. They couldn't believe that what she used to describe me was, in fact, describing herself more accurately. They all agreed that the moody anorexic bitch now looks thinner and sicker than she ever has before and they all guessed at what her use by date might be with the company, nobody gave have anything later than the end of the year.

They all agreed unanimously that the anorexic bitch has always been a moody miserable cow. I gave little prompting, I promise. I wished her dead, I readily admit that and nobody tried to pull me up on it by saying that I didn't mean it.

They all wondered who might be next and for what reason, as they could see that the reason for my demise was scant.

And wasn't the weather furious afterwards, as if it was instant karma for my evil thoughts. Or was it the ebbing winds about to descend the powers of hell onto the evil anorexic bitches head. Oh, here's hoping.

Bitter? Well, maybe just a little. I expect to move through it soon, but to what? Anger? Grief? Melancholy? Maybe, I could move straight through to the Camilla Parker-Bowls stage, a dignified silence.

I'm sure all my friends have their fingers crossed. Actually, all of my friends think it is great. They think I have worked for Miseries & Co for far too long and think this is a positive move.


No comments: