Saturday, March 28, 2015


Preston Market where we shopped today. It was also where we ate yum cha for lunch, $70 worth, which was ridiculous. We do like to have a nice lunch though. So what we saved on the shopping, we spent on food. I'm thinking perhaps we should be hitting the pork rolls a little more in future. 


I love the hubbub of the market, the noise, the smell the push and the shove. It is a microcosm of the wider world really. There are all sorts of people getting along side by side just trying to feed themselves. It struck me as the federal government exploits our differences for their own political gain, we are all getting along just fine.

Sam generally gets in their and does the bidding, I tend to be the pack horse carrying the bags. I carry them back to the car with regular drop offs.

An older Greek lady was so pleased that we'd both discovered pears at 99c a kilo, kind of in the back stalls of the market, that she went and got us both plastic bags in which to load our booty, coming back with a huge smile and bags for each of us in her hand. (I've always had late middle-aged woman charm) That's how peace treaties are forged and harmony maintained.

No comments: