Monday, October 10, 2016

Shocked and Amazed

I don't tend to get shocked by the awful things people do, I tend to be immune to such things. I just sigh, and roll my eyes some times, check the address to see if it is anywhere close by. Tutt on some of the details, where the always outraged are outraged and roll my lip and maybe grimace for the harder cases. Whatever?

I tend to get more greatly affected when people do something that is nice. I well up on the really good deeds. I cry easily, tears of joy. Heroes and rescues, always make me cry. The saviour coming over the metaphorical hill with the cavalry at the very last minutes, when all seems lost, always gets me. Shivers. Good samaritans.

Is this a 21st Century disease? We're immune to the bad details of life, as that is what the media continually picks to get our attention, so we have a disorder to that sort of stuff. Sad sells, misery makes money. We are bombarded with the ugly and the bad. 

It is one of the reasons, I am sure, that the presidential hopeful, the male one, I'm not saying his name, has got such traction. "I'll make American great again." Don't believe the hype, you dopes, America is great. It just has to elevate all of its people to greatness, but, of course, that doesn't sell.

Is this a type of Affluenza? We're more comfortable with the sickness in the world? It's kind of sad when you think about it, kind of means we all live with a joy deficit.

But, of course, me writing this is, actually, buying into it. There are great things in the world, every where, all around us. 

It was just that I was watching the news the other day - I have slipped back into that mode - and something terrible happened in the world and after we'd listened to all of the terrible details, I turned to Sam and said, "Do you want cake?" Seemingly not even reacting, not one bit.

No comments: