Thursday, November 23, 2017

Harry Nilsson

I discovered all of Harry Nilsson's albums on Apple Music. So instead of only ever playing Nilsson Schmilsson, I love the coconut song, and Without You, of course. It is interesting to hear his other stuff. That's todays soundtrack. Starting with Son of Schmilsson, the troubled album, riddle with farts and burps, I kid you not. 

I can’t listen to Son of Schmilsson anymore. He sounds like John Lennon. It’s a bit angsty, the music, really. I can sort of feel my anxiety levels rise as I listen to it. My fool proof question whenever I am listening to music, Would I want to hear this again?

No. Perhaps the next album. Pussy Cats, made by Harry and John Lennon, when they were out drinking together, partying in between sessions. They famously got asked to leave a Smothers Bros concert because of their heckling. How would that be, getting heckled by John Lennon and Harry Nilsson.

Pussy Cats sounds like John Lennon… because it is John Lennon, funny about that. Too confusing.

Next. Duit on Mon Dei. A play on… something. Opens with piano, that’s good for Harry Nilsson.

This is good.


the next day...

Sandman was good, so was,

... That's the way it goes

Knnillssonn and Flash Harry.

They have a whole new album of vocals set down. Harry Nilsson finished them just before he died. No music, I presume. How hard can it be? Give it to Paul Mccartney to write the music. Harry Nilsson is very Beatles.

No comments: