Thursday, December 07, 2023

And Then These Things Happened

On my way to get the tap, I am turning into Mollison Street from Nicholson Street and the woman in front of me in a Mercedes turns right and stops in the middle of the road as soon as she has turned, just like that, no warning. She says hello to some people on the street who she clearly knows. 

I toot her and she drives off. 

The guys on the street say, “Settle down buddy.”

I say out my window, “Well, get out of the fucking way, then.”

The idiot in the Mercedes turns right in the next street, as she makes her right hand turn slowly, she looks out her window and says, “Wanker.” 

I personally think this is what the constant lies and personal attacks of conservative politics has given us, actions that have no consequence. She was clearly in the wrong, she should have been apologising. But no, just attack, who cares what the truth is, as it doesn’t matter.

At exactly the same time I say out my open window, “God you are useless.”

I think my insult trumped her insult by a mile.


I get the tap. I know which one I want.


I can’t find my parking ticket, when it was time to leave the centre. I was positive I put it in my wallet, I can almost remember the actions of doing it. But I can’t find it. I search the car but have no luck.

The signage ominously says you have to pay $40 for lost ticket. I have never lost a parking ticket before. Grrr! I don't want to pay $40, that makes the tap that much more expensive.

I have to push a button on the payment machine. The nice lady’s voice asks me what time I got there, she asks me what shop I shopped in. She prints me a ticket through the machine. I don’t have to pay anything.


No matter how we try, we cannot get the old tap off the sink, Sam and I. Mostly Sam. We have to call a plumber in the end.


It defined the whole day. Stupid tap.


We took the dogs for a walk. The sun shone.

I spoke to David. He was about to get on a plane to Melbourne. You can't keep him away.

I spoke to Jill. We talked about Henry Kissinger. She had been reading up on why he was badly thought of. And I had studied up on him at some point in the distant past.

Our normal plumber (Not cute Josh, but strapping Michael) never called back.

I called 3 plumbers to get quotes to fix the tap. All three promised me someone would call to give me a quote. Only one did.

Our usual plumber eventually called and was cheaper by $50, and could do it at 1pm tomorrow, so we went with him.


No comments: