Sunday, November 01, 2009

Maybe It’s Me?

Where I live, not so long ago, used to be my quiet corner of Fitzroy. But, just in the last few years it has turned into party central. And now it is full of tourists from other suburbs getting drunk and screaming and yahooing in the street. I often wonder what they would say if we went to their quiet, outer, suburban streets and carried on the same way, as they do in ours? I can imagine. They’d call the police in no time flat, I can bet you. Or hiss and complain, certainly. Last night, there were three drunk, twenty something, slappers sitting on the street, over the road, you know, just being incredibly fabulous, at the tops of their, high pitched, rat voices. I so wondered how I could contact the Montmorency football team to come take care of them?


But, you know, maybe it’s me, maybe I’m just being unreasonable about drunks, screaming, yelling, yahooing, crying - that’s one of my favourites, the drunk lovers quarrels, or the tearful dumped girlfriends wailing into their mobile phones to someone, presumably after their drunk boyfriends have slipped their tongue, finger, cock into some other drunk scrubber - until after 3am


Maybe it is me, as the grumpy theme carried on this morning.

Shane has this habit of going out and leaving washing in the washing machine. Errr! Every time I go to the washing machine, there seems to be his stuff in there. I don't think I am exaggerating. I have my dirty washing in one hand as I lift the lid to simply drop it in and then... ah! I've got to hang his first, before I do mine. So, you know what I did today, I took his out, dropped them on the floor, (clean, tiled floor) washed mine and then put his back in the machine. Pathetic, I know.


My roller door isn't working after Luke broke it.

And my repaired roof is still leaking.

And Shane has used up all the download allocation on our Internet in two days.

And I've run out of OZ and TopGear DVDs to watch instead.

And my computer speakers have packed it in.

And I've got crabs. Hence the need to do washing today. (I must remember to tell Ben, before he gives them back to me)

So, maybe it is me? 


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Hmmm...any chance of some crabs scuttling into the damp clothes left inside the washing machine by your housemates?

FletcherBeaver said...

Now there's an idea.