Monday, December 06, 2010

Calling You

I answered my mobile phone, while I was in the middle of something. I'd been waiting for a call from the insurance company about my mother's kitchen.

"Hello, is this Christian?"

"Who is this?"

"Am I speaking to Christian?"

"What is this about?"

"I'm calling today to offer you some information about investments..."

I pushed 'end' on my phone. I got up to put paper in the printer for some writing I was doing.

My phone rang again. The voice on the other end said,

"Don't you think there would be a more appropriate way to respond to a call than the way you just did?"

My head spun, what? You have to be kidding me? Surely, just hanging up IS the politest way to deal with a call I'm not interested in?

"Your call was uninvited, your call was unwanted, now get lost! How's that for an appropriate response?"

I pushed 'End.'


What a fucken cheek. Aggressive sales calls, what's next?

 

2 comments:

Pandora Behr said...

Ergh, hate those. Mind you, I get a lot of "Hello, is that Mrs Behr?" to which I respond, "No Mrs Behr here - she was my grandmother and she's dead." Freaks 'em out....

FletcherBeaver said...

My home phone was once in my boyfriend's name and I used to get them calling up asking for Mrs Waterdale.
I'd reply, Speaking.
Usually, I got silence.