Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Some May, And Do, Say That I Am A Bitch. I Simply Say That I Tell The Truth

Mark sent me a photo of a tattoo that our estranged friend, Julien, has had drawn on his arm, the name of a drug addled pop diva, which was kind of fitting as Julien's life pretty much followed the same trajectory, possibly with less glamour. Funny how life imitates art... um... er... His life spiralled out of control via drugs like all the old cliches about drug addicts, to the point where he lied and cheated us all to get "his fix" to get "his way" to cover up the true disaster.

After exhausting us all he disappeared to parts unknown a few years ago... and nobody was that sad about it, sad to say.


Mark's email was entitled

Ah Facebook .....how appropriate Julien....probably off down the same road....

My reply

Oh yes, I saw it the other day. You can look at his photos, he looks fat and old.

Mark's reply

Well, I don't suppose we can talk too loudly.

My reply

That may well be true, but I rather feel that you and I had so much more to offer our friends and the world than just our good looks, sadly Julien never did.


She’s back boys! Lock up your medicine cabinets… and your wallets.


He botted off all of his friends, telling lies and conning us all. He cheated, connived and used us all. And then when we all caught on and said "no more!", he turned on us and told us that we’d all been mean and made his life miserable – which is probably true, but for exactly the opposite reasons to which he said we did. We made excuses and allowed him to carry on the way he did for far too long, therefore inadvertently facilitating his demise, we should have cut him off years before we did. I think Tim was the first to catch on, I think I was the second to realise.

Then, when none of us would give him the excuses we had previously, he pissed off interstate and then he departed for New Zealand.

Then there was that moment when it all came unstuck for him in New Zealand a year a go, or so, after that, and he hi-tailed it back to Melbourne and we all paid his bills and gave him shelter and looked after him, only to have him abuse our good natures all over again and probably in a more “junkie” kind of way.

But, that didn’t last long before we turfed him out saying, (with a very, big loud groan) “No, not again. ENOUGH! No more!” And he hightailed it back to New Zealand saying that he couldn’t trust any of us to look after him.


Well, I think, that towards the end of 2009.


Now, I can see, that he has just logged back into Facebook for the first time since then and he is tentatively making contact with us all again. Not me, or the rest of us who had the good sense to de-friend him from Facebook, but I can see that he has made contact with the others who are still connected. And he hasn’t set his privacy settings, since the new profiles wiped them out, so any one can go and look at his profile, he never was that, shall we say, thorough.


Oh the pain. I hope he’s not going to make contact with me. You know, I am very forgiving and it takes a huge amount of bad behaviour to reach my limit, but when you do…


We'll see, he's not back in Melbourne yet, apparently, but when he does I can almost guarantee you it will be the same old story. He's probably worn out his welcome in whatever part of the world he has been in.


No comments: