Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary

I was awake early, earlier than I needed to be. I was awake on my own, for the first time in a long time. Sam stayed at his place for the first time since he stopped work. I didn’t need to be at work until 9am and Airport West isn’t so far away. I didn’t really need to leave until 8.30am… and it was 7am.

So I took my muesli back up to my room and switched on my laptop. I hadn’t written my blog since the middle of last week, bad me, bad me. I think maybe I need some alone time to do it, maybe, to write. Maybe I’m just losing interest in it. I am losing interest in my blog.

Anyway…

Mark and I met today, twenty three years ago today. That went really quick.

So, I posted 01st of May on Facebook in honour of the occasion. It used to be our song.

He loved it. We’re stupid like that. He’s wonderful, of course. He’s one of my real friends.

I must remember, that I don’t have to be best friends with housemates, it doesn’t have to be so.

Shane gets up around 8.30, so around about 8.20, I headed downstairs to head out to my car. Just as I decided, I heard Shane doing his loud, morning yawn.

“AHHHHH!” “AHHHHH!” “AHHHHH!” Even his morning yawns are “Look at me! Look at me!”

Shane was in the kitchen as I dropped my bowl down to the dishwasher.

“Good morning,” I ask.

“Good morning.”

“How are you?”

“OH…” sigh, “I’m soooo tired!”

Okay, I’ll bite, I’m trying to be nice. “Why are you so tired?”

“I’ve been doing soooo much exercise lately, I just think I need more sleep.”

Doesn’t doing exercise have the opposite effect, I thought? Doesn’t exercise pep you up and give you more energy?

“Okay, see you.” I headed to the back door.

How much exercise would that be, I thought? My central locking went clunk and I got into the car.


No comments: