Monday, May 28, 2012

Negative Bitch!





It is cold. It was cold on my way to work. I had to put the car heater on.

I bought cigarettes at Woolworths on my way. The pot is gone, but the cigarettes remain. Bloody Shane! I wish he wouldn’t bring pot into the house. Of course, I embrace it with gusto when he does, it is true. But if he didn’t, I wouldn’t even be thinking about it, let alone embracing it.

“Hello, my name is Christian and I am an addict.”

I was working at (name of company) in Airport West. It was a relatively easy day, two days to get all the transactions input. That’s it, that is where I am done. I could easily have got it done in one day, but hey, the life of a temp. Why take one day to do something when they will pay you for two days.

And today, they would quite legitimately have been able to say, Well, I think he would have got it done in one day, if he hadn’t been outside smoking the whole time.

I took my time… clearly.

I left at 5pm.


Sam was staying at his place. I lit a fire, put on my trackie’s and got my laptop.

I had leftover fried rice for dinner, while Shane pissed around doing his washing. I didn’t want him to cook for me, I didn’t want to be beholden to him for any food. I wanted to say that I had eaten, if he asked. Then he came out and prepared a meal and then he disappeared back to his room. I ate oranges.

“Then he said, I’m going to the gym. I think my dinner is okay in the oven, but if it starts to smell, can you turn it off, or take it out?”

I headed to bed not long after. I was trying to write my journal up and I didn’t really want to be sharing the lounge room later with Shane and his inane conversation… or his aunt-got-a-fright-laugh, which he seems to have cultivated lately. “Wooo.”

Besides, bed is nice.

I watched Teev and mostly messed around with my photos.

Secretly, I kind of hope Shane’s dinner burned. After which, I always think of those people who claim to be able to teach you to be happy and wonder if this kind of negativity is only poisoning me. That’s what they say, hey? Isn’t it?

No comments: