Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Hadn't Heard From David

I hadn't heard from David for some time. I wasn't exactly sure how long, but it seemed like a while. Sam mentioned it last night as we were driving back from the dog park. Just when I seemed to be thinking about him, David called this morning.

"Well, hello," I said. "What have you been up to, matey? Long time no hear?"

"I have been enjoying the delights of a new arsehole."

"Pardon?" I said. I expected him to say a lot of things, but not that.

David laughed uproariously. "Yes, I have met someone who has been keeping me very happily distracted, thank you very much. And it is very nice too."

Apparently, he went to the “Trough” party last week, which is where he met the new guy. So, apparently, you can meet someone nice at a filthy poofter party.

"So, what star sign is he?" It is the first question David always asks, so I couldn't help myself.

"Oh, don't ask," he said.

"A Picean?" I know that is David's least favourite sign. They just swim away David has said in the past. You think you have them and then they just slip through your fingers.

"No... a Torean."

"Oh no." I told him about my ex-girlfriend, Leah, who is also a Torean who has turned really judgemental these last few years and to whom I have now stopped talking, just because she has become too much)

"Yes, well, let's not go there," David said.

"It will end in tears," I said.

"You are such a bitch," he replied.

I laughed uproariously.


Then I went and ate lunch in Smith Street. I sat out on the footpath and ate under an umbrella, it was quite lovely. I'd just like to thank the hot guy in the blue shorts who wandered past several times. Baggy blue, that fit nicely around his slim waste and which followed the curves of his muscular lags. Very nice mate. You've got to love summer.


No comments: