Sunday, September 15, 2013

I Had To Have A Hair Cut

(David) You are putrid. Re... vol... ting!!! Christian.

I was up at 8am. Oh, I had weird dreams. I can’t remember them now. Something about a big slug. I felt like crap, bonged over to be sure. Headache, stiff and sore body, which way is up?

Buddy was ewoking at the door when I came down. We aren’t always buddies, so when he pays me attention I should jump.

I made coffee and rolled a joint. Sunday?

I cleaned the kitchen, everything from top to bottom. I think, at least once a week, you should make your sparkle, completely clean and tidy, otherwise you live in a mess for most of the time.

I put washing on. One of my weekly chores, like putting the bins out, or lighting a fire.

I made muesli and peaches. I brewed more coffee. I drink a lot of coffee.

Four joints by 11am. I smoke a lot of pot, when I have it. It is why I can’t have it most of the time.

We downloaded an Elton John album. I recently that I am missing most of my Elton John albums.

I hung out the washing. I started a new load. I just have to keep going until I have my chores done, all at once, over and done with, otherwise they don’t get done. Oh they get done, but by stretching them out makes them seem like they twice as long.


Sam cut the mount to the big frame that we had, so we could frame the delicate paper drawing I bought in Hoy An. I can’t watch him stoned slicing with a scrapper razorblade, which is really the wrong tool for it. He wouldn’t listen, and I just watched him destroy a perfectly good mount. He wouldn’t stop when I begged him to. I had to go out to the front yard, I couldn’t watch. I did some gardening while I was out there.

Sam got the picture framed and on the wall. It looks quite good.

I hung out the second load. All done. Over.


Vacuuming, it was very difficult, new carpet and all. So, I opted for watering the garden, it was a lot more soul nourishing. Lovely. Watching the garden come back to life again. The lemon tree is doing well. It is covered all over with blossoms, well, I think that is a good sign. Surely.

Sam stopped gardening and finished the vacuuming, shaking his head. The garden was green and lush.

I should plant the mandarin tree in place of the dead tree fern, instead of just talking about it. If I had done it years ago… I’d now have tree years old.


Jill went to a health resort today, for 11 days. She is hoping to lose weight. Eleven days of controlled food, she figures she has to lose weight. And you know, a couple of leg lifts, then it is a doze in the garden on a chaise, I’d guess.

I just text her. How’s the fat farm?


Sam is keen to move onto the study room to clean. He likes to schedule housework. I fed him another joint and he is now asleep on the couch.


Elton John sings the blues. It seemed to take forever to download the music, then it seemed to play for hours. Elton John is very Sunday afternoon now. Tea and scones with Reg.


I had a shower and went to the hairdresser and got a hair cut. I had to keep telling myself that I had to do it. I’d put it off yesterday, with the promise of today. My Hair Boys were closed. So I went to Barber Aladdin. The middle aged ethnic woman hairdresser said she’d be closed on Sundays too, but she would rather work than stay home and do nothing.

That is sad, I thought.


I went to the supermarket, with my head spinning. Spinning from accomplishment, I had done one of the two things I had to do, and I was doing the second. I didn’t have to think about it any longer. We were going to make avocado ice cream, but the only avocados they had were rock hard.

We're having tomato and sausage pasta. Yum.

I bought more avocados from the milk bar, we now had $16 worth of avocados. That could have bought an awful lot of ice cream. Still, I was interested in the flavour. The avocado ice cream recipe is very involved, it has to be stirred while it is freezing and the put through the food processor a second time and then put back in the freezer to continue freezing. Sam admitted that he didn’t read the recipe through beforehand… after we had whipped the avocados and the condensed milk and coconut milk.

David called, He was Wonderlicious and fabulous. “Oh yes got back last Thursday… dashing home… must catch up… kiss kiss.” He still talks on the phone as he drives and no doubt still texts. He wont listen, he thinks he is fine doing it.

We ate curried chicken for dinner. It was nice too.

Anthony posted a hate’ish post for (stepson) Fen, on Mark’s Facebook wall... with Mark and son Fen's newly reunite relationship. I don’t know what Anthony is hanging on to, but he is hanging onto something? I sent Anthony an email, asking him if he’d thought the post through? I expected Mark to call me with the latest “guess what Anthony has written” but he didn’t.

Have you really thought that Facebook post through? Christian

The posting has been deleted ,and yes with much mirth I went ahead and wrote it , that is exactly how I feel . I deleted it after dinner purely for Mark's sake as his new relationship with the bogan may be tested . I think it is the absolute truth , and I have only just logged on to find your message there. I guess I was expressing my feelings in a public medium instead of an email , I just won't be censored or judged . I hope Fen read it quite frankly . As I said I decided to just remove it ,there are some that just can't handle the truth , so be it and it was for Mark's sake. I cooked the most fab roast lamb dinner and watered the parched garden today , so yes a good day .A(nthony)

No comments: