Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wet Wednesday... as Happy as a Camel

And did the rain come down. Shit, did it ever. Lovely. I couldn’t see it from my side of the work pod, but when I was bothered to get off my arse and take a look at what everyone was talking about, I could see it falling heavily.

It was the earth crying at Mrabbott becoming Prime Minister.

Or, was it because I wore crocks and socks around to the shops?

Who knows, but I know which I’d pick.

I like it, though, the rain. I like standing at the office window, watching the people running between the huge drops or, at least, attempting to, or the cars swishing through puddles one after the other, swish swish. I like looking out the window and seeing the huge drops seemingly bounce on the bitumen, like bullets, shattering like crystal, in some sort of slow motion orgy of water indulgence. Pow pow! Pow pow! ...

There were rivers whooshing down the gutters as I drove home. There were sheets of water moving across intersections like carpets. It rained and rained.

It’s always nice, on days like those, to get home. Home is like a comfy jumper you pull on out of the rain.

Buddy was well and truly parked in his house, looking out with big brown eyes. He wasn't getting even one paw wet.

No comments: