Wednesday, December 04, 2013

It Was A Quiet Night In Front Of The Teli

I’m on 90 kilos, it has just crept up on me in the last year, or so. I haven’t smoked for two weeks though. The no smoking must count for something. I have to lose ten kilos. Fifteen. I’m in denial. I still haven’t gone for a walk in my new running shoes. I've been a lazy twat, I'm still being a lazy twat. I must get into it, because when I do I lose weight fairly easily. It drops off easily, usually.

The sun tried to shine as I drove down Victoria Parade. It did a bit. The traffic was fairly easy. Cruising down the parade I have it easy in that sense, 10 minutes to work. I must remember to get a job in the CBD that I can work to... with Sam. I like walking to work with him. I like spending all of my time with him. We chatter away all the way/ all the time/ all our lives.

Three days with nothing to do? I couldn’t decide if that is good, or bad?

Sam stressed about Buddy and wanted to take him to the vet tonight. I’m not sure what the vet was going to do, take Buddy’s temperature with a thermometer up his bum. Dogs always look weird with they are having their temperature taken analy. They have a special face just for it. I can’t remember Buddy exactly, but my previous dog, my Rottweiler, used to get a very strange look on his face, like how I imagine a straight boy would look if he got a gay boy’s finger up his arse.

We googled sick bulldogs all day. It was so confusing. It was all forums and people self diagnosing. So instead I sent Sam pictures of bulldogs with ice packs on their heads.

I decided to read the latest financial journal that (minor boss) Cathy said we should all read. I got the feeling that she was going to test us somehow on the updates and legislative changes, being the over achieving type that she is. There didn’t seem to be much in it. I think she was over reaching, to be frank. You know, a busy mind is an active mind… er… um… whatever.

I read the cover of The Age. I’ve maxed out the number of articles that I can read per month, or whatever the time frame is. Usually, I don’t care as there are lots of online news platforms. But, I worked out that if you take the title of The Age article you want to read and just Google that, the system will let you read it if you access it that way. Great Age, really likely to make people subscribe.

It went dark early in the day, late in the morning, and then it rained like a bitch for most of the rest of the day. Every time I looked out the window the rain seemed to be coming down. What is with this crazy arse weather? It is even weird for Melbourne, you all have to agree.

Brrrrr! It was a nice day to be inside.

The sun was almost shining when I walked out to the car at the end of the day. I text Sam as the car warmed up telling him to bring samosas. He said no. “No!”

Buddy was very excited when I got home. He was a bundle of energy. He was waiting at the roller door when it opened and from there he was all go go go He was clearly feeling much better. He came zipping out the front with me as I got the rubbish bins. He came barrelling up the stairs and hopped straight up on the bed as I got changed out of my work clothes. I felt a bit tired after work and I lay down on the bed with him. Then the two of us wrestled o the bed until we heard the click of the front gate and the key in the lock of the front door.

He was still excited when Sam got home. Very obviously he was feeling better. Yay!

Sam bought home pork buns. Yum, yum. He said he wasn’t going to, but he did. Yay!

Sam made noodles and we watched the Big Bang Theory. Would I lie to you? QI. It was a quiet night in front of the teli.


No comments: